Quick question - ANH Luke, ESB Graflex?

Title

Hey! I'm SURE this has been discussed somewhere, but I can't find it nor do I recall ever reading about it so I'm hoping someone can help me out :)

I was tracking down some images to add to the Graflex Bank Gallery and I came across these.. which appear to be ANH Luke wielding a ESB Graflex? What's the story here?

unknown2.jpg unknown.jpg

ps, if you have any pictures not in the gallery (any version), feel free to message me ;)

(online site is currently a few pictures behind my local version, will update soon, trying to digest this whole elstree thing first)

Okay okay okay, saw a comment from Gregatron while catching up in the Elstree thread, which led me to google "Bob Seidemann publicity photos star wars", which led me to a thread of his on Rebelscum from 2005

"It should be noted that in recent years, these photos have been digitally altered. The top half of the Luke ESB "Ranch" saber (which is missing the upper red button) was superimposed over the Holiday Special saber (to help maintain continuity). Thus the Seidemann publicity photos of Luke at places like www.officialpix.com feature the ESB saber superimposed over the original."
Is this correct, then? I guess I just answered myself lol

There are versions of some of those photos out there which clearly show the HOLIDAY SPECIAL saber. Some years back, they just took shots of the ESB “Ranch” saber (complete with missing upper red button) and Photoshopped it over the HS saber.

Heck, the other day, I was in a store, and saw a puzzle with artwork based on one of those photos. And it’s clearly the HS saber Luke is holding.

https://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Games-Star-Wars-Strong/dp/B01MR2KJV5

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back