Quick question about the Bandai Falcon mini-kits

Jedi Dade

Master Member
So - Bandai has release a second mini-kit of the falcon with 5 landing gear... is it a rebox with a new hull of the 006 (original) version, or have the side panels etc. been altered to the 32" Falcon details?

I have the 006 version and Love it... but I want a 32" ESB version in the same scale if I can find it.

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

That's a good question... Disappointingly, it has mirrored maintenance pits on the bottom hull.

vm015.jpg

vm006.jpg

The big differences from the images here are that the damage is included in the newer ESB version.

Looks like a mostly rebox of the 006 version with the landing boxes... but the same side and panel detailing with a few different decals.

Thanks,
Jedi Dade

I think the new “ESB” model is just the top half of the ANH model combined with the lower hull of the TFA model. It has the round dish and the semi-ANH sidewalls of ANH, but the symmetrical large undersaucer maintenance pits (and docking ring details) of the TFA model. So it’s just a partial rebox to match market demand. :)

I guess this was a quick "update" for them, since it's only on the vehicle sized one. I wish they would put a little more effort in and re-release a proper ESB (or ANH) Falcon at 1/144.

A bit disappointing - but efficient use of existing molds... Nobody but us around here will notice it doesn't match ANY screen used model... CGI or otherwise.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back