Question on AVP Movie...

Didact

i have watched the first AVP one about 2 times and im watching it right now out of being bored and ive always been curious.....
Where did the Pre-Alien come from? As in when did a Facehugger get to the predator?

There is one scene where you see a facehugger jump on the predator but it has his helmet on so theres no way it could have inserted the alien in.

Can anyone clue me in? Thanks! =P

The sceen where Sanaa and Raoul are watching Scar throught the hole. It was implied after he scared his forhead that he got implanted when the FH jumped at him. Sanaa and Raoul were distracted with conversation and glyphs. It was the only time he had his mask off in the pyramid.

That whole 10 minute puzzle-shift-thing kind of screws up the timing consistancies regaurding those things.

Ahhh Thanks. I thought that was the part but i forgot his helmet was off, i thought it was on so i thought it was impossible.

Shouldnt Scar have known that he was implanted though? Once he woke up from being implanted and what not.

Yep. Remember, that was supposed to happen all within a 10 minute window of the pyramid shift. So he scared himself, the FH got him, implanted him, then he ignored it and recomposed himself. All in ten minutes. Thats not very consistant with the rest of the movies timing. Sometimes the chestbursters came out quick, some waited a while.

That's just one of those things they couldn't write out and we would just have to push the "I believe" button. I figured that when they put him on the pedastal that it was a cerimonial "watch for the alien" thing. Turns out (in the sequel) I was wrong. You'd think if you had tech that could see lung cancer then you'd know your own hunter has an alien.

I liked the movie in spite of the plot holes and continuity errors.

The thing that peevs me off the most is that the facehuggers implant and the chestburster grows and emerges in about 10 mins. I have heard all this "genetically engineered" malarky but it just doesnt sit right for me.

Surely that would be a unbearable shame for a predator, being face huggered so scar should have called for assistance straight away to get the thing out of him or just set off him bomb right there and then.

Another thing abut the genetically altered aliens that kinds works but the fact they have never mentioned it in the films for example if they had set it in the aliens time line, which they should have done you could have had a group of experienced bug hunters or a scientist (NOT RIPLEY!!!!) one of them could say these things are growing much faster than the ones we have seen the hunters must have altered them genetically.

as ive said a few times they should ask the fans for ideas instead of trying to think of crappy ideas that always involves earth

Correct!
Hence the reference to the future "Weyland Yutani Corporation "aka"Charles Bishop Weyland" the model for the "Bishop" Android in Aliens and Alien 3.
AVP is set right before Mr. Weyland dies, leaving room for the Yutani to merge with Weyland Corp after that. The Corporations are still separate during AVP.

Remember, he said there would be a 10%-11% share drop when he dies. Eluding to a possible corporate move.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back