question about using Telesis 7

TK-1776

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I bought an awesome Robin mask for my 12 yr old from my friend Reevz and it's made of Urethane. I've heard Telesis 7 is good to keep the mask on his face. So, I bought that as well as the Super Solve for removing it. My question is, how is this stuff applied, how much should I use? etc... I plan to put black around his eyes first, like I do with my Batman cowl. Want to make sure I'm using the Telesis 7 correctly. Thanks!!

2rz2xkk.jpg

Think of it as a contact adhesive. Apply a thin layer and let it go tacky, then press on and job done

Oh, so it's similar to spirit gum? That's easy. I just hope it hold well. It wasn't cheap and I was told it was great for holding masks to faces and such.

I've never heard of that stuff before. If I need something stronger than Spirit Gum I usually use Pros-Aide. I'm assuming that its similar to what you're using. Best way to apply is to do a thin layer to the appliance and the part of the body its being applied to. Once both are tacky, apply the piece.

Its always good to test your adhesive to some sensitive skin area first (underside of the forearm works good) before you do anything around the eyes, just to make sure the person doesn't have an allergic reaction to it.

I've heard a lot about Telesis vs. Pros-aide as the 'industry standard', but have never used it myself. I, like the poster above, will use Pros-aide and things just don't budge. I never really got into Telesis, mainly because 5 required a thinner, I believe (I'm lazy!), but 7 solves that problem.

Let us know how you get on!

Basically, the difference between pros- aide and telesis is that pros-aide is acrylic based and telesis is silicone based. Knowing both glues very well, I don't think pros-aid would do very well on urethane rubber.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back