Question about Diamond Select Phaser

drmoreau

Hey guys. Been building stuff for a while but just found this forum. About to start working on a Diamond Select black-handle phaser but I have a question. The Phaser 1 is easy to disassemble and I even wired a laser module into the LED it it blinks and everything....but I can't seem to get the Phaser 2 apart.

I removed the Phaser 1 and both screws but it still doesn't want to come apart. What am I missing? I really don't want to break it.

Thanks!

also what are the contacts on the bottom of the Phaser 1 used for? I'm thinking they're supposed to power an LED inside the Phaser 2....but the emitter on my Phaser 2 doesn't light up.

The contacts do indeed power the hand unit. I guess yours is broken if the P2 doesn't light up.

Part of what keeps it together is the ring around the emitter. You pretty much have to destroy the emitter, or at least the ring, to get the halves apart.

you can pop the ring off the front of the emitter. there are clips at 90 degrees from the split in the middle. other than that you just need to pop the bottom off the grip and pop the vanes off the back to undo a screw under them.

take apart phaser

anyone have a picture of the inside of the Phaser 2 in stock form? I'm at work now and really curious as to how it's laid out.

anyone have a picture of the inside of the Phaser 2 in stock form? I'm at work now and really curious as to how it's laid out.

Here is one.

DSC00696.jpg

Awesome, Spacer. Now I know how to take out that wheel that inhibits the brightness to the emitter! I've never liked that function anyway.:cool

wow...I just purchased one of these about 2 months ago.
It worked for about 2 days then stopped. Switched out batteries still no luck.:cry

Does the tiny Phaser 1 contacts power the bottom? And if so... Why do you think mine stopped working!

Might have to tear into mine now:love

if the P1 still works and taking a voltmeter on the bottom contacts show voltage you'll have to look inside the P2 for the answer. It might just bee a loose wire.

wow...I just purchased one of these about 2 months ago.
It worked for about 2 days then stopped. Switched out batteries still no luck.:cry

Does the tiny Phaser 1 contacts power the bottom? And if so... Why do you think mine stopped working!

Might have to tear into mine now:love

if the P1 still works and taking a voltmeter on the bottom contacts show voltage you'll have to look inside the P2 for the answer. It might just bee a loose wire.

:cry P1 does not work, even with new batteries!

I opened it up, but the circuit boards and wires are .... a "tad" bit above my electronic abilities....

As a matter of fact, even when it worked (for about a total of ten minutes over the course of 2 days) it seemed a little finicky(sp)....

Thoughts... or ideas?

Pulled mine apart and played tonight. Did a test wiring of a red laser module to the contacts on the botton of the P1 and it worked, even pulsed in rythm with the setting.

So when my green laser module arrives i will be fitting it in place of the LED in the P2. This way the P1 will still be removeable and will still have the blinky light, but the P2 will have a pulsing laser beam that will pulse based upon which setting the phaser is on. I imagine a laser will drain the watch batteries much faster than the LED did though, so i will have to not play with it constantly, lol.

I used Rustoleum "Dark Gray Gloss" and Rustoleum "Dark Broze" on the handle. It was then given a coat of Rustoleum matte clear. Here's a pic compared to the Master Replicas.

Clickable thumbnail

THere was a debate awhile back as to whether the TOS phaser handle is really dark bronze metallic (as we've been doing since the early 2000s) or possibly a metallic dark gray instead.

I'm still not getting how to take the turning ring off the emitter. Can someone please make a short video or pic series demonstrating it with a description? (the link is 404)
I almost broke my frikkin Tricorder trying to pry it apart, and that was WITH directions.

The moire on my communicator was just 'frozen' in place until I forced it. Now it spins fine.

Thanx

did you oppose your thumb and finger horizontally and pull? Or squeeze and pull? The ring on the Diamond Select one is smaller than the front retaining part - otherwise it would easily fall off. what part am I removing? The spinning gasket shaped ring or the front retaining cylindrical assembly?
Where are the clips and how do they work to retain the pieces?
I can make alot of force, but I don't want to break the damn thing.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back