That looks awesome! Are you planning on doing a run or selling the 3D file?

Thanks! Feel free to print away! I just ask for credit for the model if images are posted anywhere and that it’s not sold.

Last edited:
It looks like the hexagonal section is a clear piece insert with the red line detailing on the grey surface underneath.
That’s my guess as well. I’m thinking it might be a cast resin piece. I’m wondering if the whole top part is one piece with the center ring and blue dome filled with pigment. It’s a bit hard to tell with only the one detail view of it.

Like many I was a big fan of the original series and the gummy bear Handlink is a favorite hand prop. The new Handlink I’m a bit lukewarm on but keep coming back to. After finding a picture posted on here by morganfeldon I wanted to take a stab at it to try and find a better appreciation for the prop. This is my first pass at a 3D model and the subsequent print. I don’t have the model separated into parts to add lights yet I just wanted to see how it felt in hand. While it isn’t the most imaginative prop and I don’t see the path the design evolution took from the original series to this I have to say I’m warming to it. I admit some liberties were taken with the model and coloring. Some were best guesses and others were just trying to find opportunities for visual interest. I welcome any and all feedback!View attachment 1635799View attachment 1635800View attachment 1635801View attachment 1635802

Is you model available to download?

Your model is actually pretty spot on. This prop was apparently being carried around at SDCC this year. Looks like a stunt prop from S1 to me, given the very light blue paint on the parts that are normally LED-illuminated, which I'm guessing means it was used for daytime/high-brightness shots.

F1m4CK9aQAAteE-.jpg

Your model is actually pretty spot on. This prop was apparently being carried around at SDCC this year. Looks like a stunt prop from S1 to me, given the very light blue paint on the parts that are normally LED-illuminated, which I'm guessing means it was used for daytime/high-brightness shots.

View attachment 1743578
Thanks for sharing this. Is this from SDCC? I think this may actually be my model. There are a few imperfections that I recognize. If it is mine it’s cool to see it in the wild.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back