QMX gets the Farnsworth License

That is really slamming Steve there, new guy.

Is SD still involved with QMX? I thought they'd parted company. (But I could certainly be wrong and don't want to start any rumors here.) If Steve's involved in this, I imagine it will be sublime.

licensed pieces are sucked up by fans who do not have the ability to craft their own goods.
And by people who don't have the time or inclination to find every single little part. It's not always about ability. (Although in my case, yeah, lack of skill is definitely part of it.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting a QMX Farnsworth. Woohoo! Now do a Tesla gun too!

That is really slamming Steve there, new guy. He has gone out of his way to bring accuracy to his items. He also has the advantage of having his hands on the item.

As far as the price goes, yes, it will likely be cheaper to build one than to go get a licensed replica item, but as with everything, licensed pieces are sucked up by fans who do not have the ability to craft their own goods.

you really need to go to some classes to get rid of your newbie phobia you have .

anyway.. I guess that makes sense. The prop company making the replica sends out C&D orders to people making fan copies so they can release their version. I have always been a fan of " fan-made" props over the over-priced replicas any company makes. No matter the ability , a fan made piece offers a one of a kind look into that persons version of the item. Accuracy is not always a great thing.
I will get one of the Licensed version for sure..mainly to take it apart to get measurements for my own faceplates . Need some for autographing etc. ;)

If anyone makes it to the QMX booth at Comic con, try to find out an estimate of when these will be released...And possibly a ballpark figure on the price.

I went to Comicon and spoke to a QMX guy and looked over their Farnsworth prototypes. They are coming out with two versions, possibly 3rd qtr this year...and shooting for under $300 but no price set yet. They are using original parts when available. Also they are using the original CAD files to engrave the face plate, a big plus for accuracy. They are going to use the actual fly box as an example. The versions are; screen accurate one that does not do anything, as the actual prop. The second, more expensive, will be a weathered aged version with lights and sound. No case was made for the show but QMX thought one should be made. I posted a photo on the other thread. If anyone wants more photos I did take somemore.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back