Q&A / Paragon FX Group (All done for now, Thank you)

Heres one for ya!

How do you pick a Factory to produce a Product?

Do you physically go there once a Factory has been picked?

How many samples do you inspect before giving them the green light to start a run?
All great questions -

How do we pick a factory:
We work with a lot of factories all over the world and we pick the factory generally based on their expertise. Some are good with "everything," while some really succeed with resin or metal etc.... We try to kind of assign right factory for the right job.

Do we physically go to factories:
We used a factory liaison overseas to vet some of the factories, and others we have used before so no need for constant back and forth trips.

How many samples:
Generic but true answer - as many as it takes. You can only go so far with photos in email etc - We request samples really until the product is "correct" to all of our standards.

I don’t mean this as an attack, I’m genuinely curious – is there a reason for the high shipping costs? Is it an insurance thing? Are you not getting the cheaper business rates? Something else I’m missing?

Could someone speak to this? I feel like the kid who didn't get picked for the team at recess.

It's actually a little out of our hands - as silly as that sounds. It's calculated via our DTC pipeline with some padding for insurance.
Understood. Doesn’t sound silly. I figured there was some insurance padding given the high-value of the items. Does that mean extra insurance is added up to the price of the item?

Thanks for the reply. Excited to see what else you folks have planned.

Heres one for ya!

How do you pick a Factory to produce a Product?

Do you physically go there once a Factory has been picked?

How many samples do you inspect before giving them the green light to start a run?
Adding to what Tyler said.

This is a favorite topic of mine, for certain!

We actually spent about 3 weeks on the color yellow, once. A very Twilight Zone-ish moment. "nooo....this yellow"
We've landed so many props in a short amount of time that there are comical stories to be told for sure!
I've often compared things to deadliest catch but with prop replicas! Lots to avoid, something always waiting around the corner. A nice reward in the end. We're working on a way to share some of that!

As for actually going overseas. Again, adding to what Tyler said. We have people in place for inspections, vetting factories, etc. At this point, we've got some regulars but we're always adding. Working on a larger project now and have been receiving samples daily from multiple factories...it starts there. We know what everyone is capable of from the jump.

All that said, sooner or later; something will send us on a field trip. It's inevitable. Lots to keep us busy right here, for now.

Last edited:
NOTE: Might have to give us a few days to get to some of these questions. We'll get to them; promise.

Really appreciate you taking the time to do this, Rylo!

Curious if your BR license allows for selling kits? I think there’s a fair amount of folks out there who would love to make their own K or Luv blasters instead of buying a finished piece…

Sean

Hi Sean. Thank you for the suggestion. Give me a beat with this. I don't want to rush the answer. Will circle back around today though.

Adding to what Tyler said.

This is a favorite topic of mine, for certain!

We actually spent about 3 weeks on the color yellow, once. A very Twilight Zone-ish moment. "nooo....this yellow"
Rylo isnt lying about the yellow - We also spent 2 months on the color purple!

Understood. Doesn’t sound silly. I figured there was some insurance padding given the high-value of the items. Does that mean extra insurance is added up to the price of the item?

Thanks for the reply. Excited to see what else you folks have planned.
I’ve noticed that shipping costs have increased across the board, at least in the US. And packing supplies, like most everything else, cost more. These are the after effects of inflation and a decreased workforce during and following covid. So I’m guessing this is out of Paragon’s hands to some degree.

Could more NASA be in the offering? And this is a curiosity question, is the golf club technically a licensed item or does that work differently?

Rylo, I know you have mentioned that displays will be non existent for the Props, but is there any way you can crack the whip and get the display you came up with for the Cryo’s you did years go, that thing was AWSOME, and displays the Cryo PERFECTLY!

Hell I enjoy the display more than the Cryo itself at times!!

Another quick question are the Things involved at Paragon?

If so send them my best, if not send them my best and my sympathy!

Rylo, I know you have mentioned that displays will be non existent for the Props, but is there any way you can crack the whip and get the display you came up with for the Cryo’s you did years go, that thing was AWSOME, and displays the Cryo PERFECTLY!

Hell I enjoy the display more than the Cryo itself at times!!

Another quick question are the Things involved at Paragon?

If so send them my best, if not send them my best and my sympathy!
Well, no...not nonexistent. Remember, we will do stands when one makes sense, like with the Ruby's knife or first blade. I was speaking to things like the Grapnel. I'd much rather have a cool tactical case than the ubiquitous plastic stand.

Displays can be polarizing and they're a huge expense. I seldom use what comes with anything I buy. We're gonna focus on the prop first and keep that packing size down when we can.

BUT, BUT...YES!! We do have some 'optional' surprises coming with regard to stands. More soon!

I will certainly send your southern best.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back