PTP: Destiny Titan

wondersquid,

Got these for you. they are not in the shader for IB, but this is the same chest armor for what you are looking for.

4.png10.png9.png8.png7.png6.png5.png2.png3.pngunnamed.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

unnamed.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you sir!!! I just wish I had time to start on this. I have to clear the plate of current projects. But I'm hoping to start prototyping the rifle before Christmas. (Fingers crossed!)

Thank you sir!!! I just wish I had time to start on this. I have to clear the plate of current projects. But I'm hoping to start prototyping the rifle before Christmas. (Fingers crossed!)

I'm in the same boat. I am still working on getting my 3d printer to work correctly. Once i do, i will be printing a lot of the detail parts for this. I'm thinking of doing a Lord Saladin shader on mine though. It looks sweet.

Lord_Saladin.png

Im going to see if i can print the IB medallions that they are running in the current event, this weekend. Ill post pictures.

Has anyone modeled this titan after master chief from Halo? I really really really want to build this and get some tutorials on these builds.

Not sure i follow you question? you want the titan to be build to look like Mater Chief?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry i have not posted any progress of the Titan build im doing. Progress has been slow, been playing the game too much, lol

Not sure i follow you question? you want the titan to be build to look like Mater Chief?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry i have not posted any progress of the Titan build im doing. Progress has been slow, been playing the game too much, lol

Are you on PS4, PS3, Xboxone or 360? I'm BLACKULA727 on 360 if you want a team mate :) ....Also, I can't wait to see how this build turns out.

What are you doing for a helmet? Undecided?

Are you on PS4, PS3, Xboxone or 360? I'm BLACKULA727 on 360 if you want a team mate :) ....Also, I can't wait to see how this build turns out.

What are you doing for a helmet? Undecided?

GT on XBone is LegendaryLadman

For the helmet i really like the new Crota one for the Titan. I think im going to mix and match the armor, have not decided yet. Still have not started any kind of progresson any of the armor templates yet. Been playing the game too much, lol

I haven't said anything in months about it, but I have been working on my Iron Banner Titan armor. I ended up finding whatever reference pics I could, either from here (thanks guys!) or on the internet, or even better, finally getting the armor bits myself by slaying many in the Iron Banner tournaments in Destiny itself. (I only just got the helmet in the game since they finally made it available). I took the pieces I had and also used the Destinytracker.com website to look over the pieces as closely as I could and when I was struggling with the chest armor I made a discovery. The in-game resolution parts are garbage and *nothing* like the published pictures of the armor, nor even the in-game, in-menu inspection pictures.

There are two different sets of armor, essentially, and I had to go through everything I had and all but throw away the destiny tracker in-game models, with exception to the back views, since that's all that exist. I began making my own patterns in photoshop and while useful for getting started, they had to be modified and changed multiple times through trial and error. That said, it hasn't stopped me from continuing to build the armor.

I'm hoping to unveil my Iron Banner Titan at the end of this month at Phoenix Comicon. I've been keeping quiet-ish about it, but I have been working diligently on it. It's been a bear because despite all the reference pics and such, I've had to make the patterns from scratch and even then tweak and correct them as I go. So far each and every part of the armor has been made a minimum of three times, with each attempt getting better and closer to accuracy. Still trying to figure out the visor situation. I'm hoping I can either A) find someone local who can sculpt one for me to vacc-form B) find anyone who can sculpt and vacc-form one for me. That's my biggest concern at the moment, but it's not going too poorly.

Here's a couple teaser pics of my progress (there's more stuff done, trust me) and I'll be posting everything in it's own thread once the suit is completed.. but I wanted to touch base let you know it's still happening.

Thigh Armor progress

TD0013_IB_WIP%2044_zps0yjwliea.jpg

Close up of Wolf's head detail on thigh plate

Comments are most welcome.

Last edited:
That's looks great! Glad I'm not the only one still interested in this. What's the scale on your helmet? I have a vacuformer.

That's looks great! Glad I'm not the only one still interested in this. What's the scale on your helmet? I have a vacuformer.

Well, that's the thing. I have no idea yet. I figured I'd try and get a visor first and then build around it, if that makes sense. I honestly haven't the foggiest idea how to scale a helmet. My head is 23 inches around for whatever that's worth.

Wow! nice work on the armor. It looks exceptionally good. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks! I appreciate that!

Was thinking of making the entire armor vacuformed. But the helmet is first up. Let me see what I can do for a visor for you, OK?

So, four year later and I finally get around to an update on here.

I got my suit wearable for a local convention, but it's still not 100% complete.

I still need to build a helmet and finish up some minor details here and there, but here it is.
I'm going to likely do a shoot in the winter as currently, this is the only decent photo I have of it.

Some fun facts:
This is actually ver 4.0 of the suit as new reference materials became available, I had to remake nearly every piece to accommodate the changes.
The neck ring is too tall, so thankfully I don';t have the helmet yet as those two would clash into each other as it stands now.
The weapon is a Nerf Rivals that I repainted.

Saboten_2019_002_lowbattery83.jpg

td0013_nerf_repaint_001.jpg

Last edited:
Love it! I worked up IB armor for a commission a couple of years ago (with Irradiant Cosplay), fun piece:
14195415_10153621948315927_2141479921392874462_o.jpg

If you let me know the helm you're looking to print, I might have the print files on offer (y) Love The IB!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back