Darth Maul hilt component

Darth Alias

Recently received this from Propstore. Being an uber Maul fan I’m stoked. Trying to get more info as it’s very unique. It has hero detailing, real metal red knob, LED detail and metal divot too. Obviously emitter is metal with partial blade. Reached to out Nick Gillard and he thinks it’s the hilt used for Maul’s flip but Propstore thinks it’s from his hilt getting split in half. I think the latter but the half that isn’t used. It’s more 1/3 of the hilt with the 2/3 part being used in the final epic duel with Obi. Makes sense having a little larger hilt than half to use two hands to grip. Any thoughts?

The saber used in duel has a female end so this being male and sanded down to not be sharp (description) makes sense.

What gets me is the great lengths of detail. The last Hero hilt had casted red knobs and LED were cast too. Similar to Starkiller run hilts.

IMG_3610.jpeg

I’m thinking upon further investigation, this could be a piece based off the original prototype having the smaller midsection. The metal parts and real LED match while the screen used ones seemed casted off of it with less detailing.
IMG_4213.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back