PropShop announces TFA Props!

Well they owe me four other props and I was on the fence for the Melted Vader Helmet. I have written James Enright directly but he has yet to answer my emails. My credit card companies are on notice to refund me my money if they don't deliver by October 30, 2016. Any member that has an outstanding order needs to contact their credit card company and inform them immediately as to reserve your rights for a refund. If the company went out of business, then don't expect them to have the cash to refund you themselves. Don't' get caught up in the delays and promises of refunds and miss out on your rights under your credit card agreements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked last night. IIRC, when they started, the rate between dollar and pound was like 1.60 = 1 pound. I looked yesterday and it was 1.20 to 1 pound. Seeing that their primary market was the US - their product devalued 25% in 4 months. That could have pushed them into the red too much. So, blame it on Brexit :)

On the plus side, if you need an Indy jacket, now's the time to buy :)

I was looking at the Prop Shop website and everything points to it being a Disney Company down to the copyright, customer service numbers, etc... So if they were not getting funding or backing from Disney then that is odd. I remember talking to James and everything he had to do with the company, he had to get approval from the Mouse. I advised him that I thought the prices were too high and they would not sell the same numbers as Master Replicas, 1500-3000 units. But it seemed that the Mouse was only interested in selling to to the super rich with these eight props and the prices on the Cockpit and Couch.

I looked last night. IIRC, when they started, the rate between dollar and pound was like 1.60 = 1 pound. I looked yesterday and it was 1.20 to 1 pound. Seeing that their primary market was the US - their product devalued 25% in 4 months. That could have pushed them into the red too much. So, blame it on Brexit :)

On the plus side, if you need an Indy jacket, now's the time to buy :)

Weakening of the pound against the dollar actually works out better on their end, when they started, if they were selling an item at $160, they got £100, now they'd get £130ish for that $160

Are you going to go dumpster diving SethS ? :D

EDIT: Whoops, I thought Seth said he lived near the work shop. My bad Oh well, still hold for anyone living there, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That might be worth a flight to London to see what you can find in the dumpsters behind the shop, lol.

We must say thanks to propshop for the high res pics of the Episode 7 props.So we can make our own props for a fraction of their prices.
I´m not sad that propshop is out of business.This crazy prices are the wrong signal for the hobby and a slap in the face for 95% of all fans out there.
It is crazy that you must get a credit to buy a vaderhelmet!:lol

Can anyone of our members in London go by their shop on Monday and see if they can confirm anything for sure. See if they are open or closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We must say thanks to propshop for the high res pics of the Episode 7 props.So we can make our own props for a fraction of their prices.
I´m not sad that propshop is out of business.This crazy prices are the wrong signal for the hobby and a slap in the face for 95% of all fans out there.
It is crazy that you must get a credit to buy a vaderhelmet!:lol

I disagree. It's one more sign this is a bad business to enter and less likelihood for high quality license products.

Sounds to me like they were selling product.

I would argue they should have tried to throw in an OT piece as I would think they could sell more volume.

I agree that it's definitely a sign that do to high licensing fees and demands by Studio it's not likely we will ever see the return of the Master Replica days with a lot of products at affordable prices.

I agree that it's definitely a sign that do to high licensing fees and demands by Studio it's not likely we will ever see the return of the Master Replica days with a lot of products at affordable prices.

if anything, I think this is a sign we WILL see a return of Master replicas type companies!

I doubt they laid off their entire workforce knowing full well that they had existing preorders that need to be filled.
I guess only time will tell.

I thought it was a side gig too where the props were made to order instead of mass produced. So it will be interesting to see what happened. Let's not forget they were displaying the full scale falcon cockpit for sale and even complete costumes at Harrods. All this and shut down only since May? There must be more to the story.

Yes, agreed. The defective item returns were going to Glendale, where Disney Consumer Products (licensing?) is located. If PropShop was seen sending out subpar items often enough, wouldn't there be a consequence eventually?

I disagree. It's one more sign this is a bad business to enter and less likelihood for high quality license products.

Sounds to me like they were selling product.

I would argue they should have tried to throw in an OT piece as I would think they could sell more volume.

They have no license for the OT.And there are very good helmet out there for a much lower price.The problem with this very high prices is,that you cannot find enough people who can or wants to buy enough in a short period of time.If propshop is selling one 4500$ Vader a week EFX sold 20 or more for 1000$ in the same time.;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back