Props lost or destroyed

I do not need to re-read your post... the facts are that carperter was on a shoestring budget and had zero cash to complete the 1978 film.... THE mask for halloween one was found in the trash at the studio and painted white and eyebrows removed..... and as we know of course it was a william shatner prop, and along with the greasy overalls this was it !!

I would suggest you do your own research.... John Carperter did not not have 10 cents to rub together from the halloween movie Franchise from the beginning and thats why one mask was used in halloween one,,, which is why it deteriorated so badly as seen in the photo you kindly supplied...too much bollox going on in ones heads....

I can’t tell if you are trolling or just incredibly misinformed. Assuming it is the latter, I will provide some evidence.

Here you can see John Carpenter, (Left, STUNT) Tommy Lee Wallace, (Middle, STUNT) and Nick Castle (Right, HERO) at the wrap party of the first Halloween. They were in a band called The Coup de Villes.
29CC24AC-FC9E-4549-9998-DC37D6BE81C7.jpeg

Here is Nick Castle (Left, HERO) with John Carpenter. (Right, STUNT)

7023D960-DCFC-4200-9DEB-430E51336B1D.png

Here is a photo of Jamie Lee Curtis wearing the other stunt mask. (Pictured on John Carpenter above in the band photo..)
BE238637-C20C-426C-973D-5B537492BDDF.jpeg

Here are the two additional Tramer masks in Halloween 2.
041B391A-C200-4016-A53A-8409D6AC4C76.png

Now math has never been my strong suit, but that is five masks.

As for your other ridiculous claim, out of the trash? Not quite. The story of the masks has been told countless times by the man himself in interviews, but to sum up, Tommy Lee Wallace purchased them from a costume shop on Hollywood blvd and converted them himself.

I mean this with no disrespect, but you are commenting on something with no education on the matter. Again, Michael-Myers net is a great resource. Kim Gottleib’s book is a great resource. What you are spreading as “facts” can be disproved with a simple google search.

My original point, and the point of this thread, still stands. Every mask, aside from the H1/2 Hero mask, is either lost or destroyed. ;)

Actually not only do you need to brush up on your reading comprehension, it is evident that you need to do a helluva lot more research as your facts are totally wrong. :rolleyes:

I do not need to re-read your post... the facts are that carperter was on a shoestring budget and had zero cash to complete the 1978 film.... THE mask for halloween one was found in the trash at the studio and painted white and eyebrows removed..... and as we know of course it was a william shatner prop, and along with the greasy overalls this was it !!

I could have sworn I recall reading a report only a few years ago about the original Han in carbonite prop "disappearing" in transit between exhibitions- but now I can't find any record of the original news item. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Do we know the whereabouts of it currently?

Which Smithsonian anyways? In summer 1998, I was in Washington D.C. with the family and they had the models on display then. Was really cool to go see them.

The Magic Of Myth tour opened in WDC in 1997and was presented in the Smithsonian's Aerospace Museum.

Regrettaby, the ESB SD was encased (understandably), and displyed with one full side up against a wall.

The next stop on the our was in San Diego (I believe it was on display at the Reuben H. Fleet Space Museum). This time, the dispay case was centered on the floor allowing full 360-degree viewing.

Minor correction it is the Air and Space not “Aerospace”

The Magic Of Myth tour opened in WDC in 1997and was presented in the Smithsonian's Aerospace Museum.

Regrettaby, the ESB SD was encased (understandably), and displyed with one full side up against a wall.

The next stop on the our was in San Diego (I believe it was on display at the Reuben H. Fleet Space Museum). This time, the dispay case was centered on the floor allowing full 360-degree viewing.

I do remember it being like that, right in the entrance. I think my Dad took pics of our visit. I should see if he still has them.
We also watched Ben Burtt's IMAX film, Special Effects: Anything can Happen.

^ The Smithsonian also put out a book of the exhibit. ^

The exhibit would have never been thought possible if the Star Trek exhibit had not happened earlier

Some of the dredd props etc were instorage at ellstree years ago, costumes and the abc robot, as well as the guns and other bits, don't know if its still there.
Jabba ended up being burnt on the lot while also at ellstree, to big to store

WOW replying to a post thats nearly 10 years old :p But yeah they were I went to the storage hanger to look up some other props when i was a kid... Around the mid to late 90s ish... Anyway yeah got to see the ABC even saw a resin cast of the law giver. And the corbyn dallas drop down gun rack :D I hope its still around...

Some props at the Egyptian, showing Alien, were stolen, some other destroyed : the model of the Narcissus was stolen...hence, the bad repro of it in Aliens...

Kind of off-topic, but vaguely connected maybe...and it's worth a shout I hope given the extensive community here. The London Film Museum used to be on the South Bank of the Thames, I visited it around 2011-2012 I think. They had a lot of cool stuff, most of them I reckon were replicas though. Now the South Bank site has closed down shortly after my visit (not responsible) and I was expecting it to reopen elsewhere but it never did. All they have now is a permanent Bond Cars exhibit.
Does anyone know what original stuff they had and where they took all the stuff? They had some pretty big pieces like an alien queen and some originals like Lambert's Highlander costume or a Mr Bean attire.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back