Props from the movie "Leon" (aka The Professional)

but they look cool so thats mainly what they were trying to accomplish

That's what I was thinking. I was surprised to see both on the gun at the same time. In my experience compensators, while they do add weight to the barrel to balance it out, they also make the gun louder. Compensators and suppressors seem to be opposing ideas.

-Jason M

Okay, what the heck is this one?

Looks like a Colt Woodsman-ish type receiver, on a 1911 frame, with who knows what type of magazine... :confused

Judging by the width of the mag base, it appears to be a .22 of some sort...

According to the imfdb it is a Springfield M1911-A2 SASS pistol. Not much info out there, but I did find this:

In the wings is the 1911-A2 S.A.S.S., a single-shot hunting/target pistol that can be ordered complete or made up on your 1911's frame. Chamberings run from .22 Long Rifle up to the .44 Mag, and include such interesting numbers as the 7mm BR, 7mm-08, and the .358 Winchester. Barrels are quickly interchangeable and come in 10.75 or 15-inch lengths. Sights on the completed guns are adjustable. Standard are wraparound rubberized grips, a long match trigger, and a beavertail grip safety. The completed guns are also drilled and tapped.

Here is the page on the movie: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Leon_(The_Professional)

David.

When did we see the desert eagle in the film? I don't remember seeing it.

IMFDB is user edited, and lots of the stuff on there is incorrect. Maybe we can update the page.

:)

The leather holsters look like Safariland 101 shoulder holsters repositioned.

Similar to what was used in blade Runner for Bryant and Gaff, and what was used as the basis for Deckard's belt holster, minus the spring. They were a different holster. The 101's are made for automatics not revolvers as were the BR ones.

Andy

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back