Prop Weapons We See For Only A Second Or So.

tain669

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You ever seen a movie that had really great prop weapon that was only there for an instant but left an impression you? My favorite.Blade Trinity Chain Saber. Thanks :thumbsup

Rico's unfolding gun in 'Judge Dredd':

assante-gun.jpg

Rico4.jpg

Marc

The blaster the assassin uses in Last Starfighter. It's SHINY..

If anyone happens to have any screencaps of that blaster, please share them :)

ooh, neat topic.

I have to go with The Preacher's revolver with interchangeable cylinders in "Pale Rider". I looked for years, for that gun, until I learned it was a rare custom. I know it wasn't exactly shown "briefly", but this was before DVD screencaps.;)

<div class='quotetop'>(darthgoat @ Nov 5 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]1351409[/snapback]</div>
Inara's Bow in Serenity was pretty slick.
[/b]

It was very slick...also cgi. It'd be cool if someone tried to recreate it though.

<div class='quotetop'>(LeMarchand @ Nov 5 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1351412[/snapback]</div>

Rico4.jpg

Marc
[/b]

One of my favorite posted gun images.:D

Did you ever do a run of those?

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedirick @ Nov 6 2006, 04:43 AM) [snapback]1351622[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(LeMarchand @ Nov 5 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1351412[/snapback]

Rico4.jpg

Marc
[/b]

One of my favorite posted gun images.:D

Did you ever do a run of those?
[/b][/quote]
No run of them sofar, but hopefully i will get a CNC mill in the coming year so i can do them myself

marc

Ok this is kinda silly but in the old show "The powers of Mattew Star" I remember a steel blaster I thought was pretty neat. Richard Coyle might have made it but I'm not sure. Ah I just googled the image and it was made by Richard. Go to the last image on the page for the gun.

http://www.racprops.com/issue7/This_is_your_Life/

I also remember a little gizmo in the same show that was used to take out the brakes on a school bus. It has two little blue lights that went out in a V shape and a dial.

Tek

I've got a whole list of these somewhere, but only one I can think of right now is Jayne's big gun, at the end of Serenity on Mr. Universe's moon. Heaps of research has probably already been done on this gun, but I'm yet to check up on it.

The pistol Kane carries in Alien. You get a better look at it in the directors cut, he actually pulls it out if it's holster in that version. Managed to pick up one that Shawn Morgan created.

My absolute favorite is Aurra Sing's blaster pistols from TPM. Gorgeous props that should have been given to a more prominent character, IMO (or just made Aurra the bounty hunter in AOTC, but that's another rant).

Oddly enough, I think Luke's ANH saber would fall in to this category. If you think about it, you never really see it for more than a quick glimpse. Once when he first ignites it and then again when he's using the training remote.

But it never really gets focused on. And if you think about it, isn't it really the prop that brought us all (well most of us) here to begin with?

-Fred

The pistols in "The adventures of Pluto Nash". The only ones that you anything near a close look at are the one Pluto sets up, aimed at the enterence to the Perfect Vacumn bar, and the one held at the woman's head at the end. Most look to be either Berettas, or Taurus pistols, but I also recognized Rugers, and Vecktors.

David.

Ooo, yeah, the Pluto Nash pistols :)

Also, I'd like to add Michael Ironside's gun from Total Recall.

And just about any of the guns from Johnny Mnemonic.

And the laser rifle from Akira.

And most of the guns from Andromeda.

-Mike

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back