PROMETHEUS sidearm...

Thanks, everyone. I did go ahead and make one minor adjustment. The Weyland vinyl graphic was a bit too wide and didn't look accurate when compared to the one decent screengrab the film offers, so I had them resized and recut.

Here are some better photos, too.....

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1550.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

AWESOME Pistol - extremely accurate ( as ALWAYS ) attention to detail.

The Weylan sidearm is a COOL choice for a prop - I have to get one for my collection. Your NOSTROMO pistol is one of my favorites in my prop collection. Prometheus was an AWESOMe film - I hope Ridley Scott considers a second follow up.

They seemed not to focus too much on the security detail on the ship until they were being attacked by the mutanted crewman. It seems insane that the Expedition went out without weapons. I only assume that because when the the Snake like Alien presented itself to the two isolated scientists - no one thought to pull out a gun. You know - BIG ALIEN snake .... - you don't have to be a rocket scientist to think - ... there is a SNAKE ! I might need my gun !

How many people see a BIG ALIEN Cobra ! and think ... Hey I will pet it .... :facepalm

GREAT JOB SHAWN !!!! :cool

SEE YOU IN THE JUNKYARD - ASAP !!!

Gordon

Shawn,

You worked so hard and so long on this project assembling the most accurate parts. Awesome build. Just saw Prometheus extended version. If features and extended cargo bay with the infected crewman. The pistol does not seem to slow the creature on the rampage much - but it is not for a lack of trying.

COOL PROP ! Waiting for this beauty to arrive in the mail.

Thanks !! ( BUMP )

Gordon

My pistol arrived - OMG the detail is awesome!

The cast is so clean :thumbsup

Now I have to locate the right paint to match the colors. Shawn added detailed instructions. Now i need to put in some TLC and build a display for it. There is already talk of a Prometheus Sequel !!!

CG-Alt-Prometheus-2-550x394.jpg
A good time to grab your particle pistol ...

strangeparticleeffect.jpg

Oooops TOO LATE !!

Thanks SHAWN !!

Gordon

That is awesome! hey Shawn could you tell me how you went about getting such a great metal look on the ejector part of the gun? trying too learn every little paint tip I can get.Thanks. and your work is above and beyond great...

This is Sweet!!! What a great job you did!!
Thanks, everyone. I did go ahead and make one minor adjustment. The Weyland vinyl graphic was a bit too wide and didn't look accurate when compared to the one decent screengrab the film offers, so I had them resized and recut.

Here are some better photos, too.....

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/shawnmorgan13/PROMETHEUS sidearm/DSCN1552.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/shawnmorgan13/PROMETHEUS sidearm/DSCN1550.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv73/shawnmorgan13/PROMETHEUS sidearm/DSCN1549.jpg

Thanks, guys. It's a shame the pistol gets so little screen time in the film. Sean, I believe I airbrushed some Testor's "aluminum" metallizer on those areas, and then airbrushed a light coat of the "gun metal" metallizer. A combination of airbrush and dry brushing works pretty good for me. I think they key to realistic looking paint job is multiple layers of light coats on top of each other, thin enough for everything to show and give the piece a nice sense of depth.

Thanks, Sean. I have a few of the (airsoft) Benelli shotguns used that at some point I'd love to turn into the film versions, too.

Hey Shawn. do you have a collection? or do you just make these beautiful guns and pass them on?

If you have a collection I would love to see it...

Awesome Job.
By chance I was watching Prometheus Blu-Ray last night with Ridley Scott's commentary on. He mentions the sidearms as being a "Ruger" (clearly it isn't) and also how he slapped together the Blade Runner pistol with some sticky tape and gave it to the props dept.

Maybe he was on something at the time. Maybe his idea of slapping something together with sticky tape was using bits of tubing and wood to give a rough shape rather than any kind of actual design. I've not watched any of the extras on the BR. I should have a look.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you still make these Shawn? Are they solid or hollow?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back