Project Painting Suggestions

WhiteMoonRose

Hi All! I am super impressed with all of you here and thought I would ask about a project I'd love to do. My project is painting a wall to evoke the feeling of shadowy sunshine through the leaves of a tree, or of the tree's leaves in the sunshine. I have done a few paint techniques on walls in the past, to create the illusions of blocks, or parchment, but my mind is having an issue trying to figure out the shapes and colors that would be involved with this project. Partly, I'm just not as good with vibrant colors, and I am having issues imagining the organic shapes necessary.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? My first instinct is to find a good shape, like a rippled arch with leafy edges, and to dry brush that with a very light, bright green, over the shady green. But I'm not sure if that will give me what I'm going for, which is why I'm asking for advice :)

Thanks, and thank you all for sharing your projects here, it's inspiring to see others putting their all into creative projects like these!

i'm a freelance commercial /fine artist....and sometimes when you can't seem to pull that idea out of your head the best way to go about it is to go to the source.
this means if it's sun light through the leaves you want...then your gonna have to grab a digital camera and wake up at the butt crack of dawn and go out and start taking pictures. it's always better to have references from real life then try and wing it out of your head. this will help you figure out your light source, color pallet, composition and even give you clues as to how to go about it . then you just grid it all out and toss it up on the wall!

welcome to the site!:ninja

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back