Problem with puffpaint

IndridColdx

Hi
I just got myself some puffpaint to work on my suit, but when I receive it, it seems all gummy and dry and caked up.
IMG_20150302_202048.jpg
it's very hard to squeeze out and doesnt adhere to anything, its like if it was solid.
I tried placing it in lukewarm water for a bit to see if maybe it was just cold (i had just received it from my mailbox) but an hour later and its still like this...what do I do?

I tried removing the cap and it seems the entire thing is just a gummy paste. Its really thick...Please help I bought a few bottles and they are all like this

In my experience, the puff paint is hard to squeeze out of the bottle it comes in. I'd suggest transferring it to a different applicator bottle and tip. It's also possible you just got a bad batch that maybe wasn't stored well. I'd ask for a refund if you can get it!

In my experience, the puff paint is hard to squeeze out of the bottle it comes in. I'd suggest transferring it to a different applicator bottle and tip. It's also possible you just got a bad batch that maybe wasn't stored well. I'd ask for a refund if you can get it!
Yeah I tried everything, its like a really thick and sticky gum, not liquid like usual.
Tried heating it, putting water in it, nothing.
I asked for a replacement from amazon, hopefully they will send me a good batch

Yeah it's weird that you ordered a few that had the same problem, but at least Amazon is great with honoring replacements!
I'm not sure what else would help, since it has a plastic base water and heat probably won't work. If you have paint thinner lying around, you might try that; I've used that to bring acrylic and oil paints back to life before, but have no idea how puff paint would take it. Rubbing alcohol might accomplish something similar, but I'd be careful not to add too much!

Yeah it's weird that you ordered a few that had the same problem, but at least Amazon is great with honoring replacements!
I'm not sure what else would help, since it has a plastic base water and heat probably won't work. If you have paint thinner lying around, you might try that; I've used that to bring acrylic and oil paints back to life before, but have no idea how puff paint would take it. Rubbing alcohol might accomplish something similar, but I'd be careful not to add too much!
im afraid of doing that, i might try with rubbing alcohol...

Don't use it.
I'm not sure if you have a hobby store nearby and that's why you ordered it online, but it's not too expensive where you should risk using the messed up puff paint.

Don't use it.
I'm not sure if you have a hobby store nearby and that's why you ordered it online, but it's not too expensive where you should risk using the messed up puff paint.

Amazon is pretty lenient with their refunds, I dont have to prove anything, they just accept what I send back to them. I opened both to test but only used a small amount.
I'm sure they will just throw it out since its defective.
Either way, yes there are a bunch of hobby shops here but none have puffpaint, its why I order online. I have ordered plenty before with no issues.
Im sending it back tomorrow, it was already approved and another shipment being sent to me.
:)

While Puffy Paint should be thick so that it keeps its shape while drying, it shouldn't be that thick! I wouldn't recommend thinners etc. as Puffy Paint is not normal paint and may well react badly.

I always use Tulip Puffy Paint and whenever I have finished I always tip the bottle the right way up and squeeze it a few times to blow the residual paint out the end of the nozzle. I then wipe that off.

Also (I did not really know what puffy paint was the first time I used it) don't heat it with a heat gun to get it to try quicker. Unless you want it to do its weird expanding thing :)

Ham out.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back