Printed Indiana jones grail diary

mrt88

Hi all,

I have always wanted a Dr jones grail diary, I have made several props before but never anything with paper.

I have done a little bit of research before but new to the forum. Looks like I have allot of reading to do.

My initial idea was to look at potently a printer “story” grail (that’s new to me but sounds like a good concept)
And then hand build and stitch the book and weather it.

Is that a plausible path ? If anyone has any general directions that would be amazing
Thanks all
Theo

Just from the printing standpoint, start with the right paper. Do a deep dive on screen captures compared to current paper stock available. Then weathering will work correctly. Make sure your paper matches your intended printing type as well, laser vs inkjet. I would also advise printing your crop marks in a ridiculously light tan or gray so that if any are still present when you cut your edges it isn't a crazy big deal. Some of his pages are not from the note book and are hand tracings. This paper is still available on the art market and would be a wonderful addition for the stone etching tracings/rubbings he collected.

Thank you, have had a look over on the Indy forum too but looks like that forum is no longer in use. Working on building a list of pages and trying to find sources for all of them currently.

Not sure how much useful information is there, but Adam Savage made a grail diary and it’s come up in a few of his videos. Might be worth taking a look.

There was a recent Tested video (last year?) with Prop Store showing grail diary pages that were rarely, or never, seen. Might be some good reference?

Thank you so much everyone. Have had a look at the above links and decided I will try go with a printed story based grail.
Not sure I have the skill to hand write one.

I will try source the paper here in the uk and get started

Thank you so much everyone. Have had a look at the above links and decided I will try go with a printed story based grail.
Not sure I have the skill to hand write one.

I will try source the paper here in the uk and get started
Definitely following this build. Ive always wanted a grail diary but the type of paper to use alway put me off. Being a fellow brit, I'd be super interested in hearing what paper you go with. Good luck.

Is this a scam?

The photos look much the same as the ones all over AliExpress. Like this one, for example. That link has a lot of photos from customers and you can see it's not really screen accurate but if you want a cheap grail diary, maybe that's good enough?

A94e21f7e00ca48b68fbde63c06a90d1dm.jpg

These are the same ones you can buy from Aliexpress, Amazon, Ebay and can also be seen on FB ads. The FB ones are scam in the sense that they're advertising them using pictures stolen from other makers such as RamseyProps and myself, to fool customers into thinking they're buying a decent replica. Instead what you'll get is what you see in the video below. Save your money and avoid these at all cost.

Hi all,

I have always wanted a Dr jones grail diary, I have made several props before but never anything with paper.

I have done a little bit of research before but new to the forum. Looks like I have allot of reading to do.

My initial idea was to look at potently a printer “story” grail (that’s new to me but sounds like a good concept)
And then hand build and stitch the book and weather it.

Is that a plausible path ? If anyone has any general directions that would be amazing
Thanks all
Theo
Hi,

How is your Grail journey? Making any progress? Just curious and wishing you the best.

Cheers,

Curtis

Hey, dont know how far you are into your project, but if you havent started printing, i highly reccomend using this guys downloadable template: Make Your Own Story Grail Diary PDF - Etsy
without this i dont think I would have ever started, but man it makes it so much easier on yourself not having to search for every page and format it and so on. might be worth looking into.

Hey, dont know how far you are into your project, but if you havent started printing, i highly reccomend using this guys downloadable template: Make Your Own Story Grail Diary PDF - Etsy
without this i dont think I would have ever started, but man it makes it so much easier on yourself not having to search for every page and format it and so on. might be worth looking into.
I purchased this for $15 based on your recommendation, and it’s excellent. It’s taken all the guesswork out of the project.

The included scans and video instructions take you step by step through the process. Priceless!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back