Predators: The Hunt. My Latest Youtube Cinematic Masterpiece. :)

I knew he did not die of an overdose.

Wish he had moon walked though.

SHAMONE !!!

Tee hee hee :)

I can see a few boo-boo's I made (did you notice the Klingon suddenly become left-handed?), but overall I think it turned out pretty good for something I shot myself in my living room with almost no budget. :)

One thing that has helped me a lot was moving to a bigger apartment. My old place was too small for me to get far enough away from the greenscreen, so I always had lots of spill and it was terribly hard to do decent keying. Now I have more space. I may even fool a few people into thinking I shot the scenes outside. ;)

Btw, I picked out that BMX armor for the mobile infantry trooper long before Steven Spielberg did for "Terra Nova". I suspect he probably picked it for the same reason I did---it was cheap and it looks good on camera.

Some behind-the-scenes tidbits:

There were originally just two preds in the script, but I ended up making enough armor parts and gauntlets for three so I added the third in. The Scout Trooper was originally supposed to be a Stormtrooper, but I changed it, partly because not many fan films have Scout Troopers, and partly just as an excuse to go ahead and make the costume. :)

The guns are mostly repainted Nerf guns, but the Mobile Infantryman's rifle is a stunt prop from "Starship Troopers".

I couldn't find any stock sounds I liked for some of the FX, so I ended up making my own. The screeching sound that the Trackers make is an audio blend of a dolphin and an egret calling. The howling sound the Preds use to call back the trackers is me blowing over the top of an empty beer bottle.

I don't have any CGI animation skills, so I had to use a physical model for the Pred Drone scenes. I zipped up a greenscreen suit and moved the model around by hand. Alas, that may work well for professionally-lit movies, but for me it produced all sorts of shadows and was a nightmare to key (you can see holes in the keying, and some places where there is still greenscreen in the shot). I don't think I'll try that again.

But the most difficult shot by far was the two-second clip of the parachutes falling to earth. I put the camera on the floor and aimed it up at the greenscreen, then dropped a little toy parachute. The damn thing never floated where I wanted it to go, so I dropped it several dozen times and only got two shots where it was in camera long enough. I ended up compositing those together.

Any feedback? Parts you liked? Parts you didn't like? What did or didn't look right? I'm always looking to improve. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back