PREDATORS - MOVIE INFO

Its a possibility but not likely I think they are going for a tribute to the original P1 design
I haven't read the script or been keeping up with this thread as much as everyone else, so please anybody reading this, refrain from pointing out my ignorance, but what if this movie takes place before the original? That certainly would explain how P1 is alive

Either way I hope this movie is what we have been waiting for. I hope everything is done tastefully and it is a movie we can all actually appreciate.

Yeah me to if they screw it up like I think they did with both AVP movies this franchise has a very little chance of making in onto the big screen again Im afraid

Either way I hope this movie is what we have been waiting for. I hope everything is done tastefully and it is a movie we can all actually appreciate.

I also agree with you on this. If this movie fails to produce a decent amount of revenue then I believe this will be the last time we see the Predator on the big screen.

I haven't read the script or been keeping up with this thread as much as everyone else, so please anybody reading this, refrain from pointing out my ignorance, but what if this movie takes place before the original? That certainly would explain how P1 is alive

RR clearly states that this takes place after P1. Apparently somewhere in the new script they allude to what happens in P1 ..like a ghost story. So now ..lets try and put this to rest . The P1 in the new film is just the TYPE of predator ..not the actual one that fights Arnie

Yes can we please stop dissusing this its not the actual Predator from the first movie!

RR clearly states that this takes place after P1. Apparently somewhere in the new script they allude to what happens in P1 ..like a ghost story. So now ..lets try and put this to rest . The P1 in the new film is just the TYPE of predator ..not the actual one that fights Arnie

It's possible that I might get flamed for this but IMO the Predator series can only go up after the 2nd one... From what I can tell from posts made here and my own lurkings on movie info websites they are indeed trying to go for the LOOK of the P1 which I'm personally happy about.

Gotta stick to the classics sometimes amirite?

So what are you guys all thinking on the original P1 being in the new movie?? Wasn't he killed at the end of P1?? Alternate timelines? And how come the Alien Queen was in AVP, how'd she get there after being blown out the airlock in Aliens??? What is it that hits Blain shortly before he is shot by a plasma burst? Is there a longer version of P1 that shows how Billy is killed?

And most of all, if you blow out a candle, where's the flame go?

Seriously, maybe we should put up a sticky thread with pictures that explains everything once and for all and without words... for a forum almost entirely based on text format, people don't seem very fond of reading.

1.Not the same Predator as P1
2.Different queen?
3.What hits blain is a spear tip
4.Longer version never heard of it

So what are you guys all thinking on the original P1 being in the new movie?? Wasn't he killed at the end of P1?? Alternate timelines? And how come the Alien Queen was in AVP, how'd she get there after being blown out the airlock in Aliens??? What is it that hits Blain shortly before he is shot by a plasma burst? Is there a longer version of P1 that shows how Billy is killed?

Seriously, maybe we should put up a sticky thread with pictures that explains everything once and for all and without words... for a forum almost entirely based on text format, people don't seem very fond of reading.

Wow. A whole line on sarcasm.... JK

The P1 type pred is an interesting thing to see. They said there would be "super" preds in the movie so... maybe the P1 is just a clan mate of our ill fated buddy and went to kick some freak show ass.

Did you wear a lot of fishnets growing up? Haha, sorry, couldn't resist, im glad your so optimistic, that pic of a radically different pred has alot of us worried though, yes the P2 was different to the P1, but not so much, it was obvious from the second we saw him what he was. That drawing though not so much, you stay optimistic and allow the mardy gits like me to worry, it will keep the thread nicely balanced This is a very passionate forum, the reason many of us love it i suppose, i think we all want this film to succeed more than most film goers so at the end of the day after we've all voiced our opinions we'll all be equally excited in a few months when the film releases..... i just hope your right I however and not so willing to except physical changes to the preds appearance but i shall wait and see what happens before assuming too much. Peace!!!! ;)
NO,ASS! :D i was mainly referring to the dreds on my head, lol, dick... :p but no, don't get me wrong, i'm hopin to god they don't look like that concept pic, and that's why i added the little part about RR saying these weren't the final versions, not to say i do know what it is, but i'm just hopin they realized that particular concept was a little much, to say the least. ;) anyhow, certainly no more attempts to convince anyone otherwise, you/we have every right to be scared, due to all the other "changes" that were made in the recent past, i don't blame a single one of you. these have been the biggest change yet, so i understand completely. i pray that after everything else they've tried to follow that they know that they can't change em too much... im irritated enough that they decided to do away with the netting but my main concern is that no one here top themselves over this before it comes out

NO,ASS! i was mainly referring to the dreds on my head, lol, dick... ;) but no, don't get me wrong, i'm hopin to god they don't look like that concept pic, and that's why i added the little part about RR saying these weren't the final versions, not to say i do know what it is, but i'm just hopin they realized that particular concept was a little much, to say the least. ;) anyhow, certainly no more attempts to convince anyone otherwise, you/we have every right to be scared, due to all the other "changes" that were made in the recent past, i don't blame a single one of you. these have been the biggest change yet, so i understand completely. i pray that after everything else they've tried to follow that they know that they can't change em too much... im irritated enough that they decided to do away with the netting but my main concern is that no one here top themselves over this before it comes out

Denial is a sad thing :D But yeah, the no netting look doesn't work for me one bit, lets hope the three weve seen are some some of bare basic preds and the rest that hopefully appear are a little more what were used to. I hope that concept doesn't rear it's ugly head, i agree change can be good when done right (P2 for example as you mentioned) but thats so radically different that its venturing into pred alien terratory rather than being a new gen pred. I hope they pull this one off though i really do, but lets face it, were all tough customers here we'l find out in 4 months..... let the long wait begin!

;)

1.Not the same Predator as P1
2.Different queen?
3.What hits blain is a spear tip
4.Longer version never heard of it

I do love this place

What did you expect from Pred-fans? We see a few Bios and Pred in a trailer that could be the first potentially cool Predator movie since P2??! Some of us go a little nuts!

What did you expect from Pred-fans? We see a few Bios and Pred in a trailer that could be the first potentially cool Predator movie since P2??! Some of us go a little nuts!

Well said, Its not every day we get a really good cast dropped onto a planet just to be hunted by predators. I'm sure there's going to be lots of predictions and speculations until the movie hits theaters or it leaks (With it happening to fox before I'm really hoping that doesn't happen with this movie). I think it will be really good but I would at least like to see a main Predator or 2 live all the way through.. I mean come on guys.. is it really possible for these guys to escape this planet or kill every predator for the movie to end in peace or the humans favor? They are on a planet used for hunting ..SMH.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back