PREDATORS - MOVIE INFO

The "original" that he's referring to is in design only. Not THE original P1 making an appearance. He's dead, we all saw it happen, lol. He wanted that one to be as close to the original design as possible. I think what RR is trying to explore in these new designs would be a different race within the same species. Or even genetically enhanced in someway maybe. I don't think they will look as drastically different as the one in the above picture is. When you look at concept sketches from all predator movies, you have the really out there variants that never make it to screen. I think we'll see something like the above picture that is blended in to the original design. Things such as the elongated mandibles and tusks and further back dread line can be chalked up to differences between predator races all within the species.

Umm I dont know, from the sneek peek he said he didn't want it to be like the 5th or 6th but the first of the franchise. So if the P1 would make the an apprearace he could. Yes he died in P1 but if this going to the the 'First Predator movie' as he said then i think the P1 would show in this movie.

I think you may be reading a bit too much into Rodriguez's quote about the movie standing alone not as a sequel. A good sequel has it's own story to tell that is independent of the original, he is not saying this is a remake or revamp. The fact we will be seeing the original design is just a matter of looks I would think, it's not the same character or individual in some kind of re imagining.

I still think those tusks are not on his bio just will have to wait till it comes out to find out here's some pics that I've been
looking at and drew around to show you can see there not on his bio just my opinion.
tusksarenotonbio1.jpg

examplenotonbio.jpg

ya, i think some people are somehow taken this way outta context.

1. first RR even said that none of the concept art is the final versions of any of these creatures. (you wouldn't expect him to give away the biggest change of all in a god damned sneak peek would ja?)

2. it is only the P1 design, and not the original creature, same tribe, whatever, the only link to the original movie.

3. those tusks, unfortunately for some, are attached to the bio, too bad some of you hate em so much, cause i'm pretty sure they 're gonna be stickin out the whole damn time, anyway i really like it!! yes i said it, hate me for it, but i like it! supposed rip off or not.

4. the "original design" pred has an awesome part in all this, and i think once we see it, all issues with the new designs will be forgiven, hopefully. and we can begin to except them for the part they play and not insist that "RR is ruining the predator!!!" no he's not!!! sure these aren't the preds we grew up with, i'm just affraid that by the time it comes out they'll be so many inside jokes, puns, and ******** by then that no one can take it seriously no matter how good it is. why condemn our only oncoming movie to failure before we see it .

5. i'm about as hardcore a pred fan as it gets, sure i don't have my suit completed yet, but i've basically been modeling my own appearance and other aspects of my personallity after this creature for as long as i've had any independent ideas on how i looked after my parents stopped dressing me when i was a kid, and i have totally looked through and through this character and have grown insanely close to the whole idea of what this creature represents to me, basically the only "role model" i've ever had, sure at first the new preds in those grainy pics didn't look so great, i didn't really dig anything that i saw, but still never lost hope. now after seeing actual footage of these beasts, and the environment and atmosphere of this story, i don't have any real gripes at all so far. keeping in mind that there will never be another "first time watching P1" experience, i am totally stoked to see a yet newer, even slightly mutated breed with different tactics for hunting than our beloved previous versions (i.e. P1, and P2)

the only similarities between the P1 and P2 preds was that they had dreds and netting, every single other aspect, oh and wristblades (which weren't even the same design) OH! and mandibles, (hmm.. but those weren't even the same design either) but everything else was completely different. I DON'T WANT THE SAME GODDAMNED THING, JUST MORE OF EM, IN A ******* JUNGLE, OR ANYWHERE ELSE! . it seems like they've done every thing they can to revive this and give it more depth in terms of the predator universe, and bring it back to it's horror roots, yes they don't have netting (which is the only thing gettin to me really) and i've absolutely loved that aspect from the beginning,(preds having netting that is) but i can get over it for the sake of something new. but as long as there aren't any terrible acting moments for anyone, overall i don't think we can lose!

they aren't trying to change the original, it's almost an entirely new thing. and maybe some of you don't want an entirely new thing, and i'm sorry, but unfortunately this is gonna be very much the same but also very different from what i can tell. i'm really not trying to sound like a fox rep. i just hope some of you can start raising your heads towards it that's all

ill be happy to eat every one of my positive words if this sucks, and i'm sorry, i can't help it, i don't know what it's like to be so negative about everything no matter what, and believe me, i've been closer to rock bottom than most could ever imagine. but i can still smile and send compliments when they are deserved. i know a lot of people are just scared to death that AVP:r will happen to you all over again ( i am too guys it's ok) and you've got your solid walls firmly put into place, to block you from any more pain, and i ain't doggin ya for it, i just don't get it when people can't recognize potential when it's smacken em up side their head. ;)

want a soap box?

I suggest you do not tell people, NOT to voice opinions/thoughts/fears/opinions or theories, whatever they may be.

its a forum, and people have the right to voice their opnions and thoughts, whether or not you or i agee with them.

carry on, about the film, not other peoples opinions on the film.

want a soap box?

I suggest you do not tell people, NOT to voice opinions/thoughts/fears/opinions or theories, whatever they may be.

its a forum, and people have the right to voice their opnions and thoughts, whether or not you or i agee with them.

;) carry on, about the film, not other peoples opinions on the film.
exactly that's what I love about this place everyone has the right to share there opinion
this film is exciting and everyone has the right to share there opinion on it,it's really cool to see
everyone's different theory's on this film,all I can say is bring on predators XD

ok, now perhaps there was a thing or two that had just been better not said, i certainly wasn't trying to tell people to not voice their opinions , i don't remember saying that... but hell maybe it was starting to sound like that, ;)

seriously whoever happened to read that in the last 45 minutes, if you took it the way usurper says it sounded then i deeply apologize, i would never want a single one of you to stop thinking, theorizing, or voicing these thoughts and theories, i love hearing em and joining in! but when it seams like a few "misconceptions" are the reasons people are getting shook up, i was simply trying to help reassure them (in an apparently dickish way) that everything is gonna be O K! but my attempt to help guide a few that seemed to be going pretty far off, might have seemed a little forceful, and that isn't right.

well even though that was "my opinion" i have cut it in half, and will go back to censoring myself,(no i don't want your pity, or a soapbox i am not a malicious person, at least over the net, i love all my pred brothers and sisters and your opinions. i just need to go work on my "people skills" i suppose. sorry once in a blue moon the combo of: a drink or two, sitting in front of a computer, and browsing a touchy subject, invoke some somewhat rude emotions, but i certainly didn't mean to shut anyone up, i don't want anyone to stop voicing their opinions, just for them to be more positive, purely for their own sake, i'll be fine

i know i'm part of a small group that made the mistake of thinking i could just read the first few pages (of the script) and put it down, but i read it all, and knowing what i know, i guess it's only natural for me to have a little more to be excited about you guys'll catch up! can't wait till ya do.

I dont think they want to "change" the orginal P1 either Im just curious about the intention with the P1 design is this movie, I guess its just a tribute to the original 1987 movie

No need to apologise, or censor yourself, just when discussions start about other members should just accept change or you feel sorry for them, people may take offense, and id hate to see the thred take a pissy turn with each other.

and now you have amended several of your comments, it reads alot better. ;)

With the lair being " THE PREDATOR forum", we are always going to be at the top of the tree with nitpicking, and we have not exactly been fed great Pred films, which is where the concern probably comes from.

personally i hope this puts the predator film, maybe films back on track.

heres hoping eh.

I still think those tusks are not on his bio just will have to wait till it comes out to find out here's some pics that I've been
looking at and drew around to show you can see there not on his bio just my opinion.
tusksarenotonbio1.jpg

examplenotonbio.jpg

Alls i see is the mask not being outlined right lol If you look on this pic the bottom right shows the bio on its own.
PredatorsSneak1.jpg

Alls i see is the mask not being outlined right lol If you look on this pic the bottom right shows the bio on its own.
PredatorsSneak1.jpg
sweet thanks for the pic hadn't seen that pic before
yeah you can say I didn't outline it correctly which I'm sure I followed the shape of the bio
but how can you tell those tusks are on the bio from it sitting on that chair it could still have his face
undermask underneath it sitting on the chair also just my opinion but I still believe the tusks are not on the bio will have to wait till its released to
see if I'm right or wrong.

Im not offended I know how forums work! ;)

No need to apologise, or censor yourself, just when discussions start about other members should just accept change or you feel sorry for them, people may take offense, and id hate to see the thred take a pissy turn with each other.

and now you have amended several of your comments, it reads alot better.

With the lair being " THE PREDATOR forum", we are always going to be at the top of the tree with nitpicking, and we have not exactly been fed great Pred films, which is where the concern probably comes from.

personally i hope this puts the predator film, maybe films back on track.

heres hoping eh.

i've basically been modeling my own appearance and other aspects of my personallity after this creature for as long as i've had any independent ideas on how i looked

Did you wear alot of fishnets growing up? Haha, sorry, couldn't resist, im glad your so optimistic, that pic of a radically different pred has alot of us worried though, yes the P2 was different to the P1, but not so much, it was obvious from the second we saw him what he was. That drawing though not so much, you stay optimistic and allow the mardy gits like me to worry, it will keep the thread nicely balanced This is a very passionate forum, the reason many of us love it i suppose, i think we all want this film to succeed more than most film goers so at the end of the day after weve all voiced our opinions we'l all be equally excited in a few months when the film releases..... i just hope your right ;) I however and not so willing to except physical changes to the preds appearence but i shal wait and see what happens before assuming too much. Peace!!!!

All I can say is all the opinions are starting to get good. Makes this whole thing that much more interesting. I haven't seen that picture yet either but after what predator_addict stated it still makes sense. We will all just have to wait and see the speculation is just SO much fun.

I just hope when the dvd gets made they include ALOT of detailed behind the scenes for the suits and making the suits.Its amazing how many movies that come out in all there versions (regular,collectors,directors cut,unrated,extended,criterion) and dont show much of ****.

I hope so to and I agree with you 100% alot of these extended or collectors editions as they are called is BS,because they dont so much extra in terms of footage or behind the scenes stuff

I just hope when the dvd gets made they include ALOT of detailed behind the scenes for the suits and making the suits.Its amazing how many movies that come out in all there versions (regular,collectors,directors cut,unrated,extended,criterion) and dont show much of ****.

Id love the DVD to include a 2nd dvd akin to the " from dusk till dawn" extras, they were excellent and some funny as hell.

I guessing KNB are not going to do a behind the scenes book , like ADI have done, shame as with X amount of preds, it would be totally awesome to see the concepts/sculpts/maquettes they did for this.

Exactly the Dusk to dawn dvd was awsome,would be a damn shame if they dont include a ton of extras on the Predators dvd

Id love the DVD to include a 2nd dvd akin to the " from dusk till dawn" extras, they were excellent and some funny as hell.

I guessing KNB are not going to do a behind the scenes book , like ADI have done, shame as with X amount of preds, it would be totally awesome to see the concepts/sculpts/maquettes they did for this.

it cannot be P1 , he's in about 1 million peices.

the LOOK of the P1 is what they have gone for.

I haven't read the script or been keeping up with this thread as much as everyone else, so please anybody reading this, refrain from pointing out my ignorance, but what if this movie takes place before the original? That certainly would explain how P1 is alive

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back