Top 10 Badass Predators

... Uh ... no not at all imo
How is wolf somehow that low when Dachande is generally useless? How did city hunter not even make the list but greyback is on it?
Lastly Dark is deffo better than scarface.

City hunter left a lot of his equipment behind, tried to nuke LA and died like a bitch.
Greyback lived and had 300 years of hunting experience, including the encounter with the pirates and US marines.
Agreed that Dachande is kind of useless but he did fight and kill a lot of xenos, including the Queen. He was the first AvP comic Predator, so that makes him kind of important.
Dark vs Scarface is debatable. Dark's hunt was much shorter and was only on one planet.

Well, I'm 'agreeing to disagree' on some of those, but with limited source material in the predator universe, those ranking ain't gonna be accurate. And what points weigh heavily in said rankings? Number of xeno kills? Leadership? intelligence? the most carebear Predator? My boy Dachande might be no.1 at that. He may not have the most number of kills, but he's not useless. In the novels during his time, it was said that he was the only Yautja to have killed a Xeno with his bare hands. Hate me all you want, I do love the Jungle hunter and the city hunter, but I do actually regard both of them as low ranking Preds, because it's just so hard slaughtering people when you're invisible.

If the list had a 11th place, it would be the City Hunter and perhaps followed by Scar from AvP.

What points weigh heavily? Well as you can see, the Predators who actually survived are ranked higher.
Predators who slayed Queens, Predaliens, Praetorians, Engineers or actually other Predators (like Bad Blood did) are ranked higher.
As was said, hunting humans while invisible doesn't make you an intergalactic badass.
Of course, there are a couple more badass Predators from the games (AvP Classic, AvP Jaguar), but I want the list to be more diverse and not all be about video games.
Also, wanted to include a female Predator, so Big Mama is there.

I think Dark is a pretty skilful warrior despite us only seeing him on one hunt. It was made pretty clear in the game that he was already a pretty experienced hunter from the get-go.

You are right. Although AvP 2010 probably has the shortest campaigns of the AvP games and the Predator does not meet and kill a Queen in it (and the Marine does!).

The Predator isn't big enough to make a definite top 10 list.
I'm sure there are a large variety of disagreements to be had when selecting who is the top Predator.
From my personal view the non canonical character of (Dark) tends to be at the top of my list.
Within the Predator canon which includes the following (Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Elder, Borg, Shaman, etc) Even Big Red and Albino. I think Elder takes poll position or even Jungle Hunter. - I only include Big Red and Albino as they were cut from production and featured later on in Sandy's Batman Dead End short film..

Meh, I still think that wolf takes the top spot for me. In AVPR, he's getting on a bit, and is most likely an elder, but he's still out there kicking Xeno ass to the bitter end. Considering this, imagine what he would have been in his prime!!

I don't like that Wolf takes it's time to skin and hang up a sheriff's deputy when he is clearly on a cleanup mission and pressed for time (and doesn't want attention).

^ That's because it's a movie. And it required the traditional skin and hand for the purpose of retaining Predator tradition.

It's also probably because old habits die hard. I agree that it is a little inconsistent. My favourite bit in the whole moive is when the love interest has been impaled by Wolf's shruiken and the scrawny kid is shooting at Wolf while he's fighting the xeno. Through Wolf's body language alone, you can tell that6 he's saying 'Don't f*cking do that, I'm not going to kill you!' Great acting from not so great a film, in my opinion.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back