PREDATORS - MOVIE INFO

guys i've decided that i really like the tusked bio. from the front and in that grainy ass picture it looks kinda dumb but i think it's cause you can't see the depth of it, in that tiny little pic of it from the side i think the thing looks awesome!!! IMO, but the overall shape of the bio is very P1'ish (except for maybe the top portion that isn't visable in the tiny pic) but still it's just more evidence to me that we have a lot to look forward to in this, i think it'll at least by far be the best since the original two, but maybe, if done well, which i think it will, will just totally fuckin ROCK!!! somethin actually worth watchin, all the way through! not just skip to the pred parts like some people have to!!!

sorry i'm just so excited!!

actually, besides the fact I know they were built in LA.. They were first shot in Hawaii befor heading out to Troublemaker.
Also... The studio would have all supplies delivered on account from the supplier.... Not popping into the local store and cleaning out thier clay

You actually missed the part where I said "finishing touches"?

FINISHING TOUCHES would hardly constitute cleaning out stores clay supplies.

Also id imagine being as they are not some small assed company, they would have plenty of clay around for any last minute ideas etc.

actually, besides the fact I know they were built in LA.. They were first shot in Hawaii befor heading out to Troublemaker.
Also... The studio would have all supplies delivered on account from the supplier.... Not popping into the local store and cleaning out thier clay

Yesterday I drove by RR's Troublemaker Studios which I might add, was quite hard to find. It's is about 5 minutes away from the clay store I was talking about, I'm not saying they needed it for the whole costume but maybe they where adding extra armor or some finishing touches as Skullsplitter previously said. Don't bring me down ptgreek, I just want to believe it's true! Lol besides I already had my sad moment for the day, when I was reserching all this info I came across an ad saying they needed extras for the movie on Friday December the 18 I thought damn a month to late!! Lol oh well maybe next time.

All right...
My Independence Day BBQ just turned into a Pre-Predators Day BBQ.

Just to play Devil's advocate for a moment...
I've seen that the bigger the company the bigger the chance of them not having what is needed to ship (special or custom) products on time. The more layers of management, the more layers of 'we don't want to stock that much' or even the 'just in time' production concepts. I've seen $250k worth of equipment not ship on time because we were short a stupid cable. Whether this applies or not, I don't know. Just putting' that out there.

Holy Smart Disk Batman....thats two weeks before SDCC. The game coming out in Febuary, new film two weeks before Con...The Preds are gonna rock SDCC.

tryed to get close up of the bio's for yer to look at..

setpictures010.jpg

The one on the left is tight... looks like the lower jaw from eitehr a human skull or an Alien. Seems like since P2, there's always a throwback to his nemesis, lol. But who could blame the designers? That bio looks awesome!

;) ROLE ON JULY 07!!!!
Errrr wasn't july 07 three years ago
Anyway
I can't wait to see the movie, as stated before we will never have another P1.
Suits look ok, dam camera phone.
A mixture of different size Preds isn't a bad thing, there's nothing wrong with the "line backer" hunters IMO

And yeah the "lost Hunters" were all different sizes (they did/do rock).
I would say that we have already seen the "black predators", i think that they will be more defined by the way they will hunt prey rather than apperance alone.

This is highlighted in the script.
Not too keen on either ending but, things may change.
Hopefully this will do well to ensure another 2 (trilogy)

Won't be long before the first "Predators" suit appears in the WIP section (if hasn't already)

Maybe i've missed this somewhere in this huge topic....But I hear everyone bitching about Adrian Brody not being able to be the badass of the film.....is everyone overlooking the other powerhouse characters of the film??? Danny Trejo, Lawerence Fishburne, Oleg Taktarov, etc??? Maybe Brody isn't supposed to be a brute badass but rather a tactical more precise "warrior" - there are more than enough brawn in the other characters.

The other thing I know alot of people are complaining about is the stripped down look of the preds we have seen....I personally like that, I like the idea we may get to see a badass brawl with a more "Gladiator" Style predator who doesn't rely on his plasma caster to do all his work - would love to see Trejo or Oleg get into a hand to hand brawl with one of the preds. I personally loved when the pred dropped all his armor and took on Arny with his bare hands.

One more thing I see alot is people bitching about the "Heavy" pred in the picture wearing a "weight" belt to hold in his gut - am I the only one that made the connection that he has more of a gladiator look to him??? Watch some gladiator movies...you'll see that belt on alot of them and it sure the hell isn't there to hold in a beer gut.

I know alot of people are dead set on a predator looking one way.....but why??? We here on the lair have alot of different looks, styles, color patterns, tusk lengths, crown sizes, etc. but the minute a movie throws something new out alot of you tear the idea down immediately......but your also the same people that bitch when someone else makes the same old predator and doesnt make anything original about it????

I understand being passionate about the predators.....but I see all the Predator movies as a good thing even if they did suck.....why??? Because it keeps it in the public eye and gives us all the more reason to do what we do....and as long as the public see these movies and likes them that means we all still have the chance to one day see the movie we all think could be made!!!

Here's an idea....quit bitching...sit down and write a killer script that will catch the attention of someone and get that movie made....it's not going to happen by just setting back and bitching about the guy that stood up and gave it a try. I think the lair could easily brainstorm the perfect movie based on all of our ideas....and I think the lair has enough pull and connections to get a script out to someone who can either do something about it, or get it to someone that can!!!

;) Have a great day

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back