Predator Spear First Prototype Extendable

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Here is a video of my first go round with what is going to be my version of a working extendeable combat staff. Still lots to do but not bad for just getting started.
Predator Spear

Suggestion are always welcome!!!!

Here are a couple a pic also

DSC04763.JPG

DSC04762.JPG

I think it's pretty solid, as far as the mechanism is concerned. It just seems kind of big, there in the middle. Is that 3" pipe? Regardless, solid first stab (Pun intended)...

I think it's pretty solid, as far as the mechanism is concerned. It just seems kind of big, there in the middle. Is that 3" pipe? Regardless, solid first stab (Pun intended)...

only 2" PVC but it has a connector in the middle-- Might just go with a solid piece but I will have to cut a panel in it to get the mechanism in there anyway. I just want to get the mechanics down and then I will make the changes and alterations.

only 2" PVC but it has a connector in the middle-- Might just go with a solid piece but I will have to cut a panel in it to get the mechanism in there anyway. I just want to get the mechanics down and then I will make the changes and alterations.

Oh, absolutely. Much easier to figure crap out on a large scale and then scale it down later. I'm quite interested in the internals (Shocked you are, I'm sure, LOL) Can't wait for your progress shots and final pics!

Oh, absolutely. Much easier to figure crap out on a large scale and then scale it down later. I'm quite interested in the internals (Shocked you are, I'm sure, LOL) Can't wait for your progress shots and final pics!
Ill be working on it as I can . Busy week coming up.

OK--here is another video of the progress to date. I did a couple of different things so let me know which ones you all like best. The first one is kind of big around so I will be scaling it down as I so--Just want to get all the mechanics down first.

The second one I did actually works pretty good. Still have a couple of things to get figured out on it but overall I like it so far.

Predator Spear part 2

Pretty solid work, brother. I really like the mod to the Shurline pole. Don't suppose you have any build photos to show how you did that?

Pretty solid work, brother. I really like the mod to the Shurline pole. Don't suppose you have any build photos to show how you did that?

I will get them posted soon-- Want to get it down exact before I post so no one else makes the same mistakes that I made!!!

I will do a huntorial on it after I get it dialed in completely.

Thanks Darth!!

Hey man! This is awesome! I lvoe how quick it shoots out! A spear is definitely something I need for my pred. Great work so far. You rock :D

Thanks--- its something I really enjoy doing. I actually am designing one that will retract automatically also but that one requires some more complex engineering. I think im going to focus on the weapons for a while as that is what I seem to do best. Any requests or suggestions, designs are welcomed

Thats fantastic man! A spear that shoots out AND retracts would be SOOO awesome. I'd commission you for one if you did! Not too many people work on the weapons, especially spears. Cool stuff man! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

OK--here is another video of the progress to date. I did a couple of different things so let me know which ones you all like best. The first one is kind of big around so I will be scaling it down as I so--Just want to get all the mechanics down first.

The second one I did actually works pretty good. Still have a couple of things to get figured out on it but overall I like it so far.

Predator Spear part 2

OH! I've been racking my brain on how to get the sureline to self extend! HOW did you do it?! Details?

Hey Eaglewood, this stuff looks great. I really like the big spear. I have done some work on a spear mechanism. I would say the second extension with the pin stop devise will be hard to accomplish with a round tube. Keeping the pin lined up to catch the hole is the problem. The one I have been working on off and on for a couple of years is done with square tubing. Enough of that. It looks to me like you could use the same coupling idea on the second extension as you did on the first. Does that make sense. I didn't think about using such large tubing but after seeing yours I think it really looks good. Pred **** should be BIG. You are making me revisit my ideas. Keep us updated. This is good stuff.

Hey Eaglewood, I was just looking at my post and realized you were the one who mentioned PMing. Send me a PM anytime you like. I would really like to discuss.

yea that second spear with the sureline is about as badass as it gets! I may have to try that if you ever post a huntorial on it.

Hey Eaglewood, this stuff looks great. I really like the big spear. I have done some work on a spear mechanism. I would say the second extension with the pin stop devise will be hard to accomplish with a round tube. Keeping the pin lined up to catch the hole is the problem. The one I have been working on off and on for a couple of years is done with square tubing. Enough of that. It looks to me like you could use the same coupling idea on the second extension as you did on the first. Does that make sense. I didn't think about using such large tubing but after seeing yours I think it really looks good. Pred **** should be BIG. You are making me revisit my ideas. Keep us updated. This is good stuff.

I agree-- I like the big one too actually. I have a solution for keeping the tubes lined up as well-- no worries there. I couldnt find a coupling for the second section-- but then it was Home Depot or Lowes-- I will have to go to a plumbing supply place. I want to really trick that one out for sure.

Im going to make a few different versions and put them up here-- I have an idea for one that is going to be so damned sick!!!! Cant reveal it just yet!!!

Glad it got your creative juices flowing again!!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back