Predator Sculpt is CASTED!!!

ok how many total dreds will be attached to your head piece?
I would imagine the typical # would be between 50-60 dredlocks

Since Dreads have been brought up, why not just master three or four in renshape.

I could easily turn the shape of the dreadlocks on my lathe, do a couple of sizes and ad the ring details as part of the Dread to be cast or a separate piece.

Do several castings of each then gang mold the whole thing.

There are several nice flexible urethanes that would work well and tints could be added for different colored pieces.

Just a thought guys as everyone I talk to is afraid of the dreadlocks.

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

It's a solid idea that would work, but you would need the lengths, I have a P2 for four different sizes, but I don't know if they were the same for Pi and P2.

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

Thats a great idea Paul! I thought of doing a couple different ones and molding them... but it seems like a lot of work? I was going to also try the heat and stretch method with foam rope? I am casting up a couple different size rings and planned on slipping them on afterwards?

Anything is worth a shot

Funny you ask how many dreds Kithunter? I need to count those later...

H

www.howardsstudios.com

Seems like the Predator model that Halcyon made years ago had around 50-80 dreds?

I hear ya bro,
there ain't nothing easy about making this creature, I sent ya a ezboard email regarding another project i want to talk to you about

LMK

Andrew

same here howard, always a pleasure speaking to supertalented people. hopefully we can get that project off the ground ....soon

Andrew

WICKED!

What did you cast with. its very white.

are you going to paint it?

just love this sculture..Like i said before FANTASTIC WORK!

-Pete

Bloody Brilliant. It looks FANTASTIC. Hope mine looks half as good as your sculpt. I am very green with envy now. The texture has come out a treat. WoW

My airbrush is ready. I want one NOW!!!!!
I am dying to tackle this baby. Does anyone have any idea what to use for glass eyes on this? Size and style?

Thanks Everyone!! Very Kind words...

Pete, it's Easy Flo 120 resin...

Steve, I found a taxidermy place that has perfect eyes... that is if you want the original P1 yellow eyes. The ones we found are for Mountain Lion eyes... perfect! I'll post the link later.

H

www.howardsstudios.com

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back