Predator Plasma Cannon Greeblies - 11 Parts Need to be IDed

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
This is a continuation of my Predator Backpack part ID thread which can be found here:

Predator Backpack Greeblies - 10 Parts left to be IDed

I had the opportunity and privileged to photograph the original Predator Cannon Prop Store had at Comic Con last year and got some decent shots of the details and greeblies which may or may not be model kit pieces.

I have seen you guys do a phenomenal job IDing extremely obscure parts before, so I wanted to see if you could take a crack at this and see how many of the 26 unidentified parts you could help us find.

Some of the parts show up in multiple pictures or places, so that is why you see several labelled more than once.

So, lets see what we can do and how fast these can be IDed.

NOTE: this prop has been badly damaged and partially restored. It is missing quite a few of the original parts.

Parts:

These are our best guesses and may not be exact matches. I plan to buy these kits and determine whether or not they are the exact part.

1. Tamiya - Item #35132 - 1:35 Scale - U.S. M2 Bradley IFV Kit - Part Single Tank Thread
2. Unknown single tank tread, large than M2 tread
3. Arii - Item #AR-302-300 - 1:100 Scale - Macross Destroid Defender - Part 31/32 - Double barrel gun arm
4. Arii - Item #AR-302-300 - 1:100 Scale - Macross Destroid Defender - Part 30 - rear vents
6. Hasegawa - Item #31033 - 1:72 Scale - Karl with Munitionspanzer IV - Part A18/19
7. Tamiya - Item #35154 - 1:35 Scale - British Challenger 1 (Mk.3) - Part B67 - Turret Machingun
7a. Tamiya - Item #35154 - 1:35 Scale - British Challenger 1 (Mk.3) - Part B26 - Rear Turret Wall
9. Tamiya - Item #35154 - 1:35 Scale - British Challenger 1 (Mk.3) - Part B24 - ???
10. Arii - Item #AR-302-300 - 1:100 Scale - Macross Destroid Defender - Part 27 - Butt plate
11. Tamiya - Item #35132 - 1:35 Scale - U.S. M2 Bradley IFV Kit - Part A13 - Road Wheel
12. AMT / MPC / ERTL - Item# 38273 / 8917 / 8789 - 1:72 Millennium Falcon - Part ??? (Same as part 21 on backpack)
13. See Part #4
15. Tamiya - Item #35154 - 1:35 Scale - British Challenger 1 (Mk.3) - Part B75 - ???
16. Tamiya - Item #35154 - 1:35 Scale - British Challenger 1 (Mk.3) - Part B52 - ???
17. Hasegawa - Item #31033 - 1:72 Scale - Karl with Munitionspanzer IV - Part G6
18. Hasegawa - Item #31033 - 1:72 Scale - Karl with Munitionspanzer IV - Part G47
19. AMT / MPC / ERTL - Item# 38273 / 8917 / 8789 - 1:72 Millennium Falcon - Part ???
20. Tamiya - Item #35154 - 1:35 Scale - British Challenger 1 (Mk.3) - Part B15 - ???
22. part missing from current prop
25. Tamiya - Item #35132 - 1:35 Scale - U.S. M2 Bradley IFV Kit - Part D43 - Seat bottom

Unlisted part, immediately to the left of #9 - Tamiya - Item #35154 - 1:35 Scale - British Challenger 1 (Mk.3) - Part B19 - ???

I see a whole row of those tank treads on the top right where the number one is located - in the screen shots. Sorry, can't help much on the rest so far.

Will check the legos in a moment. Just a note. In the thread on the ABC Warrior (also created by SWS and also including parts from the 1:35 Bradley, there appears to be part of a 1:72 M48 Patton Tank, possibly from ESCI / Italeri. Just wanted to note that here as the tank treads on that model are very similar to the unidentified treads on the cannon.

The #2 tank tread's off a tamiya Leopard. Here's a shot from when I was making copies for the GB2 slimeblower:

IMG_0612.jpg

!CD-FGmg!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKjcE0w3y3rrDBNQ(2Kq3y!~~_3.JPG

So I got in the Arii 1:100 Destroid Defender and picked up not 2, but 3 parts for the cannon. The one is a bit of a stretch, but I feel very confident in it.

The first two are gimmies, but let's talk about part 3, with is labeled #4 on the photos in the OP. As has been stated, this cannon was badly damaged and has been somewhat repaired. I am not convinced all the parts were put back in exactly the right location, specifically part #13, which is a broken part found on the Destroid Defender. When you look at this piece in its entirity and scale it properly, it fits EXACTLY into the empty slot where part #4 is... so, part #13 is a broken and misplaced part #4.

Thanks to dirtydave, we have 5 more parts IDed on the cannon, all coming from the Tamiya 1:35 British MBT Challenger 1 Mk3!!!

Well, I have run into my first snag. I picked up the 1:35 Tamiya Leopard for its track, but based on everything I am seeing, the track is too small by a good bit. These are only rough calculations, but based on what I am measuring... if the scale of the 1:35 track is correct, I would actually need 1:28 scale to have the right size... are there any models even close to that scale with the same track configuration?

Well, I have run into my first snag. I picked up the 1:35 Tamiya Leopard for its track, but based on everything I am seeing, the track is too small by a good bit. These are only rough calculations, but based on what I am measuring... if the scale of the 1:35 track is correct, I would actually need 1:28 scale to have the right size... are there any models even close to that scale with the same track configuration?

Dragon, Bandai, and Academy have made some 1/25 tank kits, maybe try to research those. They used to be more prevalent than they are these days, but maybe you'll have some luck.

Thanks! I'll do some research. It is very odd because the style of the tread seems exact... it is only the scale that is an issue.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back