Predator Mask

Hellstrok

Hello, i havent been on much because i have been trying to find materials for my Costume, and i have a few questions that i could reaaaally use to be answered.
First of all, I know i can make a mask of latex, but what about this foam that i have heard about, what is it and where can i get it?
I DONT want to sculpt it from foam, but i have heard of a foam that i can mae a pour into a mold. SO and help on finding it would be soooooooooooo helpful.
Second, WRIST BLADES! What do yall suggest i make them from? i want them to be really hard, because they are going to be on a rig that allows them to extend and retract.

THanks For all the help!

Thats foam latex ..you will need a specialized oven to cure it in ..a full mold with a core ...not sure if thats what you need. You are looking for a two part polyoam to mix and pour into an existing latex mask ..it needs to be mixed quickly then poured in small to add support to the mask. I would hate to have you spend money on something that may only go to waste.

if you are going the monstermakers route, this is the product you may be looking for:

LINK

Thats foam latex ..you will need a specialized oven to cure it in ..a full mold with a core ...not sure if thats what you need. You are looking for a two part polyoam to mix and pour into an existing latex mask ..it needs to be mixed quickly then poured in small to add support to the mask. I would hate to have you spend money on something that may only go to waste.

if you are going the monstermakers route, this is the product you may be looking for:

LINK

ok so this goes INTO the latex mask to make it keep shape and be sturdy?

Yes .. Make sure you have a good digital scale to measure out the mix ratio. You want to get it right to have the correct density.. Errors in the mix and application can cause good polyfoam to harden.. And applying it incorrectly can result in the foam collapsing on itself ( a mess) this process is done best while the latex is in the mold, but small careful Pours can easily be done if all you have is the mask and no mold

Yes .. Make sure you have a good digital scale to measure out the mix ratio. You want to get it right to have the correct density.. Errors in the mix and application can cause good polyfoam to harden.. And applying it incorrectly can result in the foam collapsing on itself ( a mess) this process is done best while the latex is in the mold, but small careful Pours can easily be done if all you have is the mask and no mold

Alright, and does this stuff need a special oven or just does it "harden" by itself?

It cures through contact with air.. It rises quickly.. If it starts rising more then you expected, don't freak out.. Let it do it's thing .. You can always cut it down after it sets.. If you try and touch it will it is kicking, the foam will collapse on itself and get hard

It cures through contact with air.. It rises quickly.. If it starts rising more then you expected, don't freak out.. Let it do it's thing .. You can always cut it down after it sets.. If you try and touch it will it is kicking, the foam will collapse on itself and get hard

Ok, thank you for this information, its helps bunches!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back