Predator Lifesize Prop

Guan Thwei

I was trying to see if there were anymore lifesized Predators out in the retail market and I came acrossed two that might be good ones one is a full front to back and the other one is just the front and the back is flat.
This one is the one without the back
$877.00
This is the full size front to back version
TE255.jpg

http://www.needcostumes.com/predator-full-size-prop
Sale price: $3,960.00

Here is the question of the day for the thread. Are both prices worth the fact that both casts are made out of hard foam as a collectible or would it be more worth it to try to sculpt and cast everything yourself that you can wear or display?

Last edited by a moderator:
Id say kill 2 birds with one stone for that price and have a costume you can wear aswell, and put that on a manequin for display

the first one is junk and can b generally bought off ebay for a couple hundred bucks.the 2nd one is awesome!its a full resin statue(hollow)that u build/paint,or have someone(like me,lol)build it for u!!

Id say kill 2 birds with one stone for that price and have a costume you can wear aswell, and put that on a manequin for display
I thought that as well, but that depends on my sculpting skills and detail on everything.

the first one is junk and can b generally bought off ebay for a couple hundred bucks.the 2nd one is awesome!its a full resin statue(hollow)that u build/paint,or have someone(like me,lol)build it for u!!
I was thinking of just getting the first one as a collecting item because there is no way I can afford the second.

I thought that as well, but that depends on my sculpting skills and detail on everything.

I would say start buying piece by piece. Sculpting and then casting everything for a full suit will be time concuming, tedious and expensive in its own right because of all the materials you would need (latex, Clay, Silicone, resin and about 100 other ones I am not listing).

I would say start buying piece by piece. Sculpting and then casting everything for a full suit will be time concuming, tedious and expensive in its own right because of all the materials you would need (latex, Clay, Silicone, resin and about 100 other ones I am not listing).
Yeah just like everything else I guess. I have been trying to do that with computer parts, but I have a baby on the way and I'm afraid both the custom computer and the Predator suit will have to wait.

I have one of the foam 3/4 statue. I think it is great, I don't know if he's a member here, but an RPFer worked on the piece.
It was produced by Artistek LLC out of Distortions mold for Morris Costumes.
It's very nice and I'm happy with it, but I did get it for only $100 locally.
The price you have listed there is a bit much and I feel you would be happier with getting pieces to build a full costume.
Try Craigslist, e-bay or other prop sites, since these pop up once in a while for way less that $500.
The second one is an awesome, quality piece, but a bit pricey.

Making pieces yourself would be great, but you would probably spend a lot more money once it's all over with.

I have one of the foam 3/4 statue. I think it is great, I don't know if he's a member here, but an RPFer worked on the piece.
It was produced by Artistek LLC out of Distortions mold for Morris Costumes.
It's very nice and I'm happy with it, but I did get it for only $100 locally.
The price you have listed there is a bit much and I feel you would be happier with getting pieces to build a full costume.
Try Craigslist, e-bay or other prop sites, since these pop up once in a while for way less that $500.
The second one is an awesome, quality piece, but a bit pricey.

Making pieces yourself would be great, but you would probably spend a lot more money once it's all over with.
I would have to keep searching for the first one because as a collector of anything and everything Predator I would definitely have to find one and put it up for display.
Thank you for the reply man!

Nobody ever posts pics of this from the side since it doesn't sell the piece like the frontal shots and looks a bit funny.
But I figure folks who want to buy this piece would appreciate seeing it at this angle:
mypredatorside.jpg

mypredatorside.jpg

Thanks for the side view. Thats the reason why most people won't buy it. Plus I've seen them close to the cost of a full size Pred anyway.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back