Predator invades high school

lancer44

Hi all. Well, I am finally able to post some pics of the DB P1 suit I got from Jason (PredatrHuntr) about a month ago. The suit is absolutely awesome and I can't thank Jason enough for giving me the opportunity! :D When my brother saw the suit, he bout fell over and said I HAD to show up at his high school (he's the cop there) Friday before Halloween. Long story short, I began working on retrofitting the suit to my body over the next month. Had a dress rehersal the night before with my handler to make sure it was all good. Took a few pics that night to look for last minute changes and got the green light. Only 4 out of the 850 people at the school knew that I was coming. Suited up in my brothers office and no one knew anything until I took the 1st steps into the hall. The rest is history as they say. My 1st appearence was was at my niece's classroom. One of the pics below captures her reaction after I've just removed my Bio. The rest of the pics were from the 2 appearences I did during the 2 lunch periods. Hysteria is not the word for what happened. It spread like wildfire that the Predator was on campus. Kids were actually skipping class to come out to see it. It was an awesome experience but sustained one major battle damage item....the Bio fell off and broke ;) Going to try to repair it though.

Sorry for the long winded post, but as you can tell I'm a noob and this was my 1st official appearence in the P1. I guess you can say it feels like I lost my virginity all over again :D (yea I know, really opened myself up on that one). Any way donning a DB P1 gives new meaning to the word exciting. I added a few stats below as additional information. Also have a 30sec videothat I will be putting up on youtube.

Thanks to all for indulging me . Enjoy

Todd

Stats:

Time it took to suit up= 45 minutes
Total time in suit = 3 hrs
Total cool off breaks = 3
Total handlers = started out with 2 ended up with 5 (highly recommended when you are at a high school with excited students)
Total pounds lost = 3lbs (weighed my self before and after...did I mention I live in humid Florida)
Total time standing in cafateria walk-in refridgerator to cool off = 20 minutes (the fridge was set at 53 degrees)
How much did I sweat? = enought to loose 3 lbs. Totally drenched from head to toe and poured sweat out of the feet and gloves
Would I do it again = HEEEELLLLLL YEEEAA!!!

Predator019640x480.jpg

Predator018640x480.jpg

Predator014640x480.jpg

Predator021480x640.jpg

Predator024640x480.jpg

Predator027640x480.jpg

Predator028640x480.jpg

Predator036640x480.jpg

Predator026640x480.jpg

Predator029480x640.jpg

Predator038640x480.jpg

BrokenBio001640x480.jpg

BrokenBio002640x480.jpg

One hell of a suit!!

Hope this doesn't sound weird, but you fill it out really well, no bobble-head or anything.

Gutted about the bio, looks like a pretty clean break though.

Damn it....see?

it's not about contests or anything of the sort. It's times like that, it really makes you love what you do as a hobby.

well done and don't worry about the "long winded post...it's not at all...it was great hearing about your experience suited up for the 1st time.

same feeling on the bio but don't worry some crazy glue and bondo and that will fix right up. That is also part of the expeirnce suiting up for the 1st time, seeing what works and what doesn't.. you learn for the next time.

AM

That is one of the coolest things you could have done. I'm a police officer and work in a school locally. My kids would freak out and we would probably have a mini riot. Your suit is incredible.

AWESOME! So glad you were able to get those pics posted for everyone else to see. It was surreal for me to see you in the suit...but I gotta say that you wear it well my friend. ;)

The video Todd has is wild too...he was kind enough to share some VIP pics and videos a few weeks ago and I was just floored by how good he looked in that suit. You move perfectly and you fill it out perfectly. I friggin love that suit, but since I was never able to take advantage of wearing it to cons, or anything but Halloween, I figured it wasn't being used to its fullest potential in my basement. YES, I admired each and every day I walked past it, but to see Todd bring it to life - well that just makes me proud. Todd - you look fan-freaking-tastic! I don't think I could have sold the suit to anyone else - you were meant for it. Plus the fact that you're such a great guy to talk to...I'm at a loss for words of how impressed I am of your professional character.

Make sure you post more pics the next time you go back, or the next con you go to :D

Preds get a lot of love no matter where they go! Sucks to see that sweet bio in two pieces, hopefully you can epoxy it back together or something ;)

All- I am deeply appreciative of all the great comments! This family (I mean forum...know I mean family) is one of a kind :D and I am stoked beyond words that I have found the Lair! Feels like I've found my second home! Gotta give Jason one more big thank you! What you guys and gals don't know is that he has been helping me out not only with the world of the Pred, but also in fielding many questions totally unrelated to the forum. Can't thank you enough Jason for your patience and guidance. Everyone I have met on here and have done business with has been a true pleasure to work with. I have the utmost respect for the entire forum and the talent rivals anything out there on the planet!

Hope to have the video up on youtube in the next day or so. Will post it here as soon as it's up and running. Hats off to all of you and thanks for the support ;)

Todd

It's great getting into the Pred for the first time. Of all my costumes I've never had a huger reaction from crowds as when I'm in the pred. Cudos for lasting so long man, and your pred looks great!

It's great getting into the Pred for the first time. Of all my costumes I've never had a huger reaction from crowds as when I'm in the pred. Cudos for lasting so long man, and your pred looks great!

Thanks alot bud. I really appreciate that. I had a great time.

One last thing before I start work. I have uploaded the video on youtube. This was produced by the schools broadcasting class and they added the Predator growl at the beginning and "monstored up" my voice at the very end. The principal wanted me to say the schools motto so they could televise it on the Monday morning announcements. (Any you out there remember when announcements were just over the PA system and not on high def tvs??) Very hard to make out what I am saying...no matter though because I think the voice effect they did was bad ass. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7foVOrPkchM

How ubber cool man!
you even had law enforcement clearing halls for you!
A+ my friend
jason :don't you miss your suit?
I know I miss mine :D
luckilyyou and I are front runners for andrew's and Lee's lend a pred costume program!
weeeee
I cna't wait I'm only2486632 on the list maybe by the year 2019?
fingers crossed :lol:
Lem

That's awesome man, what fun it must have been for everyone! I bet the kids are still talking about it.

I know my sis wants me to raid her class room, but at Chicago Public High Schools I may not make it back with all my dreds! :D

Nice work! :lol:

great pics . loved the youtube video ! your suit looks awesome ! its really an adrenaline rush when your walking around as the predator and people react to you!! good work !

How ubber cool man!
you even had law enforcement clearing halls for you!
A+ my friend
jason :don't you miss your suit?
I know I miss mine :D
luckilyyou and I are front runners for andrew's and Lee's lend a pred costume program!
weeeee
I cna't wait I'm only2486632 on the list maybe by the year 2019?
fingers crossed :lol:
Lem

Thanks ronin. Nice having a little extra protection. Helps keep the dreds from bing pulled. :lol:

That's awesome man, what fun it must have been for everyone! I bet the kids are still talking about it.

I know my sis wants me to raid her class room, but at Chicago Public High Schools I may not make it back with all my dreds! :D

Nice work! :lol:

Thanks man. Appreciate the props. Yeah, the last thing you want to do is have people grabbing all over you and damagaing the suit. If they do that, then I think all of us will unleash the Pred in us for real...but it would be cool thing for your sis. One thing I learned is that having the extra handlers was a life saver. Couldn't have got out of there without damage if they were not there.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back