Predator Figures...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

munson

Hey all,

Not to sound like a complete noob, but I have some questions about Predator figures/dioramas. I noticed a big difference in price between the NECA Bsp and the Hot Toys bsp. The hot toys is a 1/6 scale where the Neca is a 1/10 scale. The Hot Toys seems to have more too it, but the quality seems to be pretty close. NECA also has a set from the new Predators movie for only $50...

Also, I found most of them on eBay. There is a 16" Celtic bust for $75, but it's being sold by a recaster. He sells other figures too. I don't want to buy from a recaster if he took someone's design...you know.

I guess I'm just a lost and confused hunter at this....could someone point me in the right direction?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Guan Thwei

Hey all,

Not to sound like a complete noob, but I have some questions about Predator figures/dioramas. I noticed a big difference in price between the NECA Bsp and the Hot Toys bsp. The hot toys is a 1/6 scale where the Neca is a 1/10 scale. The Hot Toys seems to have more too it, but the quality seems to be pretty close. NECA also has a set from the new Predators movie for only $50...

Also, I found most of them on eBay. There is a 16" Celtic bust for $75, but it's being sold by a recaster. He sells other figures too. I don't want to buy from a recaster if he took someone's design...you know.

I guess I'm just a lost and confused hunter at this....could someone point me in the right direction?
What exactly are you looking 4 as far as figures?

Blade3327

Yeah, first you're talking about comparing NECA and Hot Toys (which are at opposite ends of the figure spectrum, both in price and looks). And NECA didn't release a set. You can just buy all three of NECA's Pred figures together.

I collect both HT and NECA, but I do so for different reasons. To me, I buy all of the figures NECA makes from an Alien or Pred movie because they're cheap, small, and are therefore a great way to build onto my collection. I only buy Hot Toys figures when it's a design I really like and/or it's very well-done.

I guess to summarize, it all boils down to this: with each brand, you get what you pay for. $15 gets you a small nice-looking NECA figure with pretty good poseability, sculpt, and a *most of the time* good paintjob. $100-$200 gets you a large highly-detailed Hot Toys figure with great poseability, unbeatable *but sometimes slightly inaccurate* sculpt, and a perfect paintjob. Up to you.

Guan Thwei

Yeah, first you're talking about comparing NECA and Hot Toys (which are at opposite ends of the figure spectrum, both in price and looks). And NECA didn't release a set. You can just buy all three of NECA's Pred figures together.

I collect both HT and NECA, but I do so for different reasons. To me, I buy all of the figures NECA makes from an Alien or Pred movie because they're cheap, small, and are therefore a great way to build onto my collection. I only buy Hot Toys figures when it's a design I really like and/or it's very well-done.

I guess to summarize, it all boils down to this: with each brand, you get what you pay for. $15 gets you a small nice-looking NECA figure with pretty good poseability, sculpt, and a *most of the time* good paintjob. $100-$200 gets you a large highly-detailed Hot Toys figure with great poseability, unbeatable *but sometimes slightly inaccurate* sculpt, and a perfect paintjob. Up to you.
I want ALL McFarlane, NECA, and Hot Toys figures of course it probably won't stop there.

munson

Thanks guys...you're right, you get what you pay for. The Hot Toys BSP seems to have more features and I think the bio comes off too.

I was looking at figures like these also:

16" Celtic Bust

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-CELTIC-Predator-Bus...=item5ad9823da4

16"Predator Defeat Queen Alien Head Resin Kit 1/5 ORG.

http://cgi.ebay.com/16-Predator-Defeat-Que...=item5ace13b455

The seller is a recaster, but the bottom one, he puts is made by Narin. The above doesn't mention the maker, so I don't know if he recasted it or if he's selling it for someone.

I do like your idea Blade, about buying the Hot Toy version of the ones you like.

hellonearth

IMO hot toys produces 130+ dollars more worth of figure.

the NECA figs are supposed to be 1/12 scale. not sure how the new ones will measure up, but if they are 7+ inches then they are 1/12 scale. (1/2 the size of hot toy figs)

yes the bio of the hot toys version comes off, and they will have both versions of the NECA fig eventually. (masked and unmasked)

but as stated and proven in recent history, NECA makes their money off of being able to use the same mold as many times as possible, (the reason the "classic" P1 is inaccurate to a degree)

if you must choose between the two then it is tough, you can probably get every version of every fig NECA has/will have for "predators" for the price of one hot toys fig.

so in choosing do you want multiple fig "battle scenes" or displays, or would you like one single thing that you just can't seam to stop looking at :) and posing to all your favorite iconic positions.