Predator blood

Johnnypen

Hi everybody.

I'm actually working on a new Predator bio and I'd like to do a Predator blood effect on it.
Does anyone have advice and techniques please ?

Thank you for your response.
I'll saw that on internet, but in my case, I need to the blood definitely stay on the helmet.

I ordered a "glow in dark" alien green paint. I'll try that.

Mix glow stick contents with rubber cement or clear liquid latex. That way you can remove it at the end of the day when the luminescence fades and make a fresh batch next time you wear it. I'd be careful if it's a painted surface though, because glow stick contents are mildly caustic if left on for a long time.

Unless it's for display. In which case, I don't have a solution for you.

If you need the blood to permanently stay on the helmet you could mix Smooth-On's Glow Worm pigment with some 5 minute epoxy. Once exposed to light the pigment glows for a very long time a lot brighter than other available pigments.

(Woo, 300th post!)

Last edited:
Mix glow stick contents with rubber cement or clear liquid latex. That way you can remove it at the end of the day when the luminescence fades and make a fresh batch next time you wear it. I'd be careful if it's a painted surface though, because glow stick contents are mildly caustic if left on for a long time.

Unless it's for display. In which case, I don't have a solution for you.

It's a good idea, but it's for display

- - - Updated - - -

If you need the blood to permanently stay on the helmet you could mix Smooth-On's Glow Worm pigment with some 5 minute epoxy. Once exposed to light the pigment glows for a very long time a lot brighter than other available pigments.

Great ! Thank you

I'd suggest not using paint at all if you intend to keep the blood glowing, indefinitely. What I would do is figure out where I want the blood spots to be and cast blood spots in clear resin or epoxy. Then, I would incorporate them into the final mask or sculpture; blending it into the piece to make it look "natural". After that, rig it with neon green lights/LEDS from underneath. That way, it glows day or night and all you'd need to do is replace batteries when it begins to wear out.

Thanks to everybody for your ideas and comments.

I finally used UV dark paint on my mask.
Here is the result, what do you think ? :

DSC_3458.JPG DSC_3462.JPG

What was the bio before you modded it? Looks good.

EDIT: As for a permanent glow, the stuff I used in the soles of my shoes is a glow in the dark powder that when exposed to bright light, will glow for hours. The picture in my avatar was captured under artificial light after the GITD had been exposed to sunlight for less than 60 seconds. The stuff is not cheap, but totally worth it. It comes in a few different colours and of which green (perfect for Pred blood) is actually one of the brightest of these products.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back