Predator 3d game model.

You have to unwrap your model so that each section (Head, Torso, Arm, Legs, Boots, L shoulder pad.. ect) is using the same area as the default models. this wouldn't be a problem when creating new parts for the default models... but when creating a whole new character they expect you to unwrap it like them. If you don't certain parts of your character will be black because the engine is only looking at a specific part of the texture map for each section.

Ie: Lets say I've completed the unwrap for my predator. And the boots are in the Boots texture section but also in the torso section. Then in the Character initiation file you must link each part of your mesh up to the default mesh parts. So I link my boots mesh to the boots section. The engine will then look in the boots section of the texture for the texture of my boots... BUT seeing as it's also in the torso section it will not receive any texture information there. So ingame the part of my boot that is in the torso section will appear black. It's the most annoying bs ever.
There was a work around... But I believe the latest patch screwed that up. So... yeah... SUCKS.

Alpha maps are also messed up... It only supports 1-bit alpha maps. (that.. or it just sucks at processing 8-bit alphas)

Ps: I probly explained the whole texture map thing horribly.. I might draw up a digram to explain it a bit better.

EDIT: Has anyone got any good colour charts for scars skin? All the screen shots I have of the film are waaaaaay too blue.

Hmmm, I've seen some work on polycount that seems to use the UE3.0 to a pretty good extend, but it's really one of the things I noticed first when I unwrapped my UT3 SE copy: the tutorials are strictly bound to leveldesign.

Too bad I've seem to have lost my damn copy of the game since I moved in with my girlfriend...

Got Flu and stuff over xmas so didn't get much done then. I have started the texture now tho.

Mainly just getting the colours looking right atm.
fullview.jpg

armtexwip.jpg

@El1te: using a variety of programs but 3ds max 2008 is my main.

You know what? I hate to point this out, but the lower mandables seem way too small. I didn't notice until they were posed.

Pretty much done. Just gotta tweak/add a few small things then rig the dreads and skulls.
full-2.jpg

head-2.jpg

top.jpg

Want to move onto something else so this won't be getting any more major work on it.

This is some good stuff!
Crap I gotta Learn me some 3D ! Where do I start? what programs I need?
3d max/ Maya, and be sure to get your paws on tutorials (man, I've been meaning to learn so for the past 7 years or so, never got around to do it... I suck at planning)

3d max/ Maya, and be sure to get your paws on tutorials (man, I've been meaning to learn so for the past 7 years or so, never got around to do it... I suck at planning)
Thats exactly what i said to myself 7 years ago... that i gotta learn some 3D. Thanks Dude. I'm gonna source the progs

I got another computer with max on it. It's just the oldest of the two...

Which makes it a bitch to work with.

I'm starting to get it, though.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back