predator 2 slaughterhouse question

Dave Jones

Just something i noticed that thought i should have brought up. When the containment team got wiped out by the predator and harrigan went in to help, he shot the predator down with a shotgun and pretty much knocked it for six. Why didn't the rest of the team who were sitting in the trailer come in to help? They had the typical fed badasses in there with the attitude and the monitoring technology to tell that the predator was down and could have rushed in to assist in securing it while they had a chance. yet from this point onwards you never saw or heard from these guys again....

secondly when this predator removed his mask he still could see in the typical thermal view when in predator 1 he could only see in red

You are right on both points. I didn't really think about the guys in the trailer, but always wondered why the un-helmeted vision was different between the two movies.

I noticced that as well. The others in the trailer had plenty of time to assist to detain the Predator and am also wondering why the two different views the Predator had with his helmet off.

Only guess I have for that why the others didn't assist is that the the person who wrote the script didn't foreseen that issue and didn't do much research from the P1 views. Althought it would make a good story plot if the crew in the trailer did detain the Predator and he haad to find a way to escape.

I think they should make a Predator 3, with maybe a Predator is captured and other Preds come to the rescue or the Pred attempts to escape on its own.

Just something i noticed that thought i should have brought up. When the containment team got wiped out by the predator and harrigan went in to help, he shot the predator down with a shotgun and pretty much knocked it for six. Why didn't the rest of the team who were sitting in the trailer come in to help? They had the typical fed badasses in there with the attitude and the monitoring technology to tell that the predator was down and could have rushed in to assist in securing it while they had a chance. yet from this point onwards you never saw or heard from these guys again....

secondly when this predator removed his mask he still could see in the typical thermal view when in predator 1 he could only see in red
well not sure why they didn't come in to help, maybe cause they were pussies? they did all stay behind to begin with i know someone had to stay behind but not all those guys

two regarding the preds vision, if you want to look at it this way, the jungle the P1 was in was hot and muggy and ambient heat covered everything that his bio could filter out, while in the packing house it was quite the opposite (cold) so harrigan would've lit up like a christmas tree anyway.... i don't know, my thoughts i guess

the feds do show back up at the very end in the silver chopper. My question is where were the other predators hunting or were they just hanging out in the ship waiting.....

the feds do show back up at the very end in the silver chopper. My question is where were the other predators hunting or were they just hanging out in the ship waiting.....
and that is the million dollar question. i do believe stan said he wanted to show some preds "on leave" or whatever, but all of them? just some? who knows...

I think all the other predators in the landing craft were all elders, as part of the rite of passage code of honor they were not allowed to interfere with the main predators hunt. They earnt their wings and their respect and were only here only to observe and mark the progress of the main guy. If he returned (without harrigan) he would have probably gained his honor and they would have flown away to maybe take on a more challenging hunt on a different planet or just return home where our main predator would be faced with a huge greeting like the winner of pop idol.

what i wanna know is how did the predator get down the elevator shaft clean with one forearm missing,......plus after that shot he gave himself ,......he'd have been woozy ,.....ha ha ha

Why the feds didn't go after him? - He's a 7 foot tall Alien that skins drug-dealers with nasty automatic weapons alive & has a plasma projectile launching cannon on his shoulder.

Thermal mode? - I'd be more inclined to call that rage & that they hadn't anticipated it when filming.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Why the feds didn't go after him? - He's a 7 foot tall Alien that skins drug-dealers with nasty automatic weapons alive & has a plasma projectile launching cannon on his shoulder.

Thermal mode? - I'd be more inclined to call that rage & that they hadn't anticipated it when filming.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

What would chuck norris do?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back