Powered nibbler

I've used the regular one, works just fine for the somewhat limited use that it has. You could do the same work by hand, but it would be a bit of a pain, so in that regard it's worth the price. The powered one seems a bit over the top, but someone else here may have a good amount of time working with one and have a good opinion on it.

<div class='quotetop'>(Aegis159 @ May 16 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1245324[/snapback]</div>
hehe does this "nibbler" have another name? I can't say I've heard of a tool called a nibbler....
[/b]

Its a variation of a hole punch that cuts square or rectangular holes.

If you have alot of curves to cut a nibbler is the way to go. Years ago, I used mine quite alot to cut out parts for various SCA helmets. You just need a big compressor to run it. Never tried the electric kind.

I know Harbor Freigt get a bad rap sometimes, but I bought their nibbler probably six years ago and it still runs great. Broke the rod once but it was only $5 to replace.

Check it out. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=46061

Alot of times they will have instore sales for around $20.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back