Power Ranger Helmets WIP

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Roush9855, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Roush9855

Roush9855 Member

Here are a few pics of the helemts I am working on. More helmets and pics to come.
    All cast from the originals, cast in fiberglass, then cut, bondo, etc. Here is some of my progress. Have other rangers I am working on as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rensole

rensole Active Member

Nice work :D

I've wanted a white ranger outfit for age's haha looks amazing and dead on my friend :D:D

3. justinbauler

justinbauler Well-Known Member

any runs in the future?

4. StJimmy

StJimmy New Member

holy ****! theyre awesome! u selling?

5. Roush9855

Roush9855 Member

Not really selling, but PM me if you want.

6. Daemon324

Daemon324 Active Member

Wow! Those are really amazing. I've seen plenty of the Green Ranger, and I sometimes see them with the black outlines, and some without. I think sometimes that people forget that that particular Sentai (and by extension, MMPR) series, does NOT have the black outlining like it does in the PRDT episode. Actually, looking at an episode while typing this (I had to be sure, 'cause you know, details man), none of them have any black really except the eyes, barring, well, the Black Ranger. Nice catch.

Looking at the pics, the White Ranger's helmet visor doesn't seem quite right. Shouldn't it be flush with the Tiger's nose? Or am I seeing it from an odd angle? What did you use for the visor? What did you mean, 'All cast from the originals'?

7. jedimarkj

jedimarkj Well-Known Member

Very nice job.
    This really brings back fond memories. Ah, the 90s...

8. markomac

markomac Well-Known Member

Man, I'd kill for a set of these.

They're looking real good.

9. Roush9855

Roush9855 Member

None of the visors are flush in the older sentai series (that I know of). Almost every helet I have has been cast off of the ones used in the show. Only the green ranger ones out there are fan sculpts because whoever has it isn't releasing it into the fandom. Right now it's like the holy grail to have one cast off a screen used piece.

10. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

LOVE that White Ranger helmet! The Green Ranger was always better but the design of the White Ranger helmet was pretty sick.

11. jqjedi

jqjedi Member

Why are you posting pics of RBers helmets here but not on rangerboard?

12. blinddrummer15

blinddrummer15 New Member

I'm going to have to agree with jq here. Though I don't have any helmets with you personally, you seem to be on this site more frequently than on rangerboard where mods are just furious at you.

Please, I know you do great work and I don't want to see your reputation ruined. Grab your camera, and post photos of each person's helmet & completion dates so you can gain some ground with the users and don't lose business.

13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax New Member

I am a Moderator on Rangerboard, under the same name.

I'm not here to start any crap, but it is a pile of crap that you're posting helmet work here and not on Rangerboard, where you should be posting the updates for the 20 or so helmets you've had in your possession for over a year in most cases.

You've made promises, and haven't kept them. Now you're here with the helmets and are posting them, but not to the customers that you've taken their money from and have done next to nothing in the span of a year?

For those of you that doubt me, please read this thread. Roush has received a "Suspended Service Tag" for his failure to do any sort of business in a manner that he should be, as instead he considers this a "hobby."

http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=144973

Thanks for your time.

14. Roush9855

Roush9855 Member

This is a thread of your current work and I am working on these helmets after being in the hospital for most of that year. I dont understand why you have to slander my work on here, It's kind of hard to work on anything when you cant get out of bed, and I dont understand why you have to deal with this here. If you had something to say you could have PM'ed me there, because I have never received one from you.

15. MnemonicSyntax

You don't know the definition of slander. Everything I speak of is the truth. The other people can also be the judge of that themselves.

Instead of trying to defend your name, why don't you instead go work on the wrongs that you've made and make them right. Actions speak louder than words.

As far as PMs go? You ignore PMs. You ignore anything anyone says to you on Rangerboard. People have asked you for your money back and you've yet to send anything.

Nothing I say is slander. This is the whole truth.

16. OmegaRangerRed

OmegaRangerRed New Member

Roush,

I have PM'ed you instructions for where to return my helmet to. Unless you can finish it ASAP i want it back. You have had it for just shy of one year now and at this point I just want it returned to me.

17. Snarkticon

Snarkticon Well-Known Member

Back in June was when I first started getting really interested in doing a Ranger costume. I PMed Roush here because I saw him post that he worked on helmets and he offered to complete one for me. Luckily for me he told me where he was going to get the helmet kit (Eric0101 on Rangerboard) and the exact price Eric charges (plus his nearly $200 price for finishing.) So I signed up on RB and bought the helmet myself and I've been working on it at no extra to myself.

Looks like I dodged a rather decently sized bullet. :D

18. agliarept

agliarept Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

beautiful work so far! I have a helmet cast off a stunt original and your helmet is looking awesome!! do you intend on padding it or adding any cooling system?

19. VaultUK

VaultUK Well-Known Member

Your work looks great.

20. OmegaRangerRed

Wondering what the status is. You told me on January 27th you were going to just send back/refund everything around the 1st. It is now the 7th and I have recieved nothing yet.

no tracking number

no confirmation that you have shipped it back

no revised date you will be shipping it

no change in your decision that you can and will be able to finish it within a few weeks, as I said I would still be fine with if you can do so (and not just say you can), in which I would still pay the remainder of the balance I owe on this

Basically, I just want to know where my helmet is and when I will get it.

21. OmegaRangerRed

seeing as you have logged on twice to the RPF site, I can only presume you are ignoring the message I previously sent you.

At this point, I want my helmet back. Seeing what Ryuu_Ranger was given has destroyed all faith I have in both your standard of quality and your ability to produce the items at your old level of quality.

Send it back ASAP. This is not some long process that needs days/weeks to figure out. Get a box. Put the helmet in. Provide enough padding so that the helmet does not get destroyed in shipping. Take it to the post office.

22. Roush9855

Roush9855 Member

They are all going out, but emailing would be better then posting here. Sorry I didnt respond to you right away, I was at a funeral, but that doesnt matter to you.

23. MnemonicSyntax

Oh knock it off Roush, stop playing the victim.

Of course it would be better if he emailed you, wouldn't want to smear your name here too, eh? Wouldn't want people to know that you're pathetic at this.

Omega has been nothing but polite, especially from someone who took his helmet and his money and hasn't done anything with it for over a year.

I forget, do you do a helmet finishing service, or a helmet sitting service?

Well, if it makes you feel better, I don't give a single crap about any funeral you had to attend, or your two week long birthday party afterward.

Stop pointing fingers. Man up. How many times do I have to say that?

A year of waiting and this is what one member got back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still impressed now, guys? I'd be wary of doing any sort of business with this guy.

Here's the short list of issues with the helmet, posted by the owner.
    - Overspray in certain areas.
    - Chips in paint.
    - Uneven cut through the helmet.
    - Crack near in the hinge at the top.
    - Detailing looks like it was done with a * sharpie.
    - No registration keys.
    - Latches are loose and barely stay together.
    - Dents in paint.

24. OmegaRangerRed

Is that the funeral you told me you got back from FIVE DAYS AGO? Or was there another one?

Excuse me, but when you say you are back from that, and then proceed to log in here almost every day at least one a day, it is very easy to feel as if you are being ignored

25. OmegaRangerRed

Roush, you posted a picture on 2/13/2012 (with a handwritten sign showing the picture was taken on 2/12/2012). The picture showed boxes with, from your post, the presumption that they have helmets in them and only need to be taped up, addressed to the right person, and shipped. You also stated you have my address (as well as a few others). It has been nearly a week since that (a full week if you go by the date in the picture). I have received nothing: no tracking number or helmet. What is the status of getting them from the point they are in the picture to the point of being shipped?

I'm posting this here too, because unlike rangerboard, you still seem capable to log into this site regularly.

26. dragonranger34

dragonranger34 Member

His work stinks. He's cheated countless people out of money and helmets. He labled as a scammer on other forums

27. signallancer

signallancer New Member

see kids...this is why you dont **** off power ranger fans lol

28. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Yeah for $300 that work is subpar....but for $150 I say work with it. Poor guys.

29. aks1971

aks1971 New Member

My best friend is Jason David Frank... we buy helmets and raffle them off sometimes for charity and we are looking at starting our own lil compamy with these helmets.... anyone interested in working with me PM me or contact me

30. Snarkticon

Snarkticon Well-Known Member

Mark, someone already offered to help you. Me. In the first thread you posted in:

If you and Jason are legitimately looking to make helmets, then you've been pointed in the right direction for the proper resources. Though I do love how you start each of your posts with "My best friend is Jason David Frank." :thumbsup Whether it's true or not, it just seems weird that that's how you'd open up conversation every time you start to talk.