Poster from this ANH promo photo?

Friendly flyer

Hi!

This might not be the correct place to ask, but you guys seem to be all-knowing.

Back when I was a kid in the 80's, my brother managed to get a hold on a poster version of this promo photo:

BSiwfkECUAAkQpd.jpg

Yes, it was this photo. I know it's part of a series, but I distinctly remember Chewies facial expression. This shot graced the cover of the Rolling Stone magazine, and that might have been where the poster came from, though the poster from my boy's room wall was without text or the red laser from Han's gun.

d0e06726c862a14ba3304383e9d2dcfd.jpg

I loved that poster to bits, and resurrected if with tape from the backside a couple of times after rowdy friends and parties damaged it.. Eventually, it wasn't fit for a wall any more and went in the trash.

Would any of you guys know if it's possible to find a poster version of this shot? I can't seem to track down a larger version than the one I posted here, nor any place where it's sold as a posters commercially.

Last edited:
You could take that top photo to a printing shop, and have a custom poster made. It won't be cheap but It can be done.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

You could take that top photo to a printing shop, and have a custom poster made. It won't be cheap but It can be done.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I could, but I'd need the file to be larger than the 599 x 789 pixels of the file I currently have. The problem is, I haven't found a large, print-size version of the photo.

1242x1521. This pic was shot by Terry O'Neill, very famous British celebrity shooter. If you search under his name or for his prints you might find something. Good luck.

Star Wars 4 Terry Oneill 1977.png

I remember that RS cover like it was yesterday. Wish they would also have included Dolly Parton in the cover :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back