Possible SE Michigan Prop Party

gpghosts

Iam thinking about having a michichigan prop party at my citys library. i will find out if there is a cost to have it. so if any one is interested in coming please let me know so i can get a list going

No Date Set Yet But Im thinking January and it will be at the Grosse Pointe Public Library Centeral Branch theres a cost of 5 dollars a person i can have up to 30 people so if you want to come we will need to hammer out a date of what time and were

i have a correction to make there is no cost i was thinking about a costume contest the room is free so whos interested

We have a prop party usually Febuary or March. We shouldnt have 2. I say let the people that have be putting it together keep running with it.

Jayyy9:

First of all, if it was you that sent Harvey and Jen and Nicole and her boyfriend my way, I owe you BIG. Those guys rock.

Second of all, if gpghosts wants to get proactive with the Michigan bunch, you go BOY-EEE. I'll be happy to show up and bring some stuff, but I believe that more people will attend [and be appreciative] if they have some personal effort and perhaps a bit of personal money [gasp.] invested in putting one together.

I do agree that a year between parties would seem to be a good idea, even more might be warranted to drum up more interest.

Anyhow, I'm more than happy to stand on the sidelines and cheer. :thumbsup

Best Regards,

JAS

thanks outlander i should talk to who ever it is that has the michigan prop party every year and ask if we can do two cause some might have made some new stuff and really wanna show it

Outlander, that was RPFer 'etheren' aka Jason who sent Harvey and gang to you. I know because I had lunch with Jason in Ohio on Saturday. LOL Glad your Halloween event went off so well ...

<div class='quotetop'>(gpghosts @ Oct 30 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]1347428[/snapback]</div>
thanks outlander i should talk to who ever it is that has the michigan prop party every year and ask if we can do two cause some might have made some new stuff and really wanna show it
[/b]

Well, different people have been the driving force behind them over the years. I hosted the last two. Two years ago I had considerable help from Myxlplkt, Tripoli, and Hicks. Last year... Hicks paid for almost half of the hall rental but was unable to be more involved than that.

The honest truth is that last year's turn-out was a bit disheartening and the old guard from the past two years would be more than happy to pass the torch along to someone with younger, hotter blood, or pass it back to those who were doing it before me.

JAS

Last edited:
If you plan it, we will come.

There is always time to see new faces and new props.
My nephew just asked me when the next party was going to happen.
I think I've got him hooked.

<div class='quotetop'>(gpghosts @ Oct 28 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]1346663[/snapback]</div>
No Date Set Yet But Im thinking January and it will be at the Grosse Pointe Public Library Centeral Branch theres a cost of 5 dollars a person i can have up to 30 people so if you want to come we will need to hammer out a date of what time and were
[/b]

Well if you do decide to have this in January, it's all depending on the weather how many people will show. Even with the ones we've had in April, the weather has been sketchy the first two years, with snow happening. The first year it snowed so hard some people couldn't even make it out. Remember, we normally get people from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Canada coming in for these.

Also, a place that can have "up to 30 people" will not be enough space (unless the weather IS bad and only the people that live close by can make it. :lol ). The first year we did this, we had 55 people, the next year at least 70....and that's just the people, not counting all the table space needed to display props.

<div class='quotetop'>(gpghosts @ Nov 5 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]1351339[/snapback]</div>
i might be able to find a church that can hold us
[/b]

i have called several churches and they are gonna get back to me. i also conteplating using a Veterans Hall for the party

St. Luke's United Methodist Church in Rochester Hills allows outside groups to use their hall on Saturdays. ROBA meets there the last Saturday of the month.

Good luck

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back