Pokeballs anyone?

Slyde83

So I've obsessed with the idea of the pokeball. My son just started watching reruns of the show an it kinda hit me. One of the coolest science fiction transport devices I've seen well besides the ghost trap, which it works similarly too IMO.

So where to start...
After trolling steel and aluminum machine shops and sites I found some really nifty steel balls. Completely hollow. I also found some neat av push buttons from leftover lightsabers in the garage and some acryllic hollow balls from hobby lobby. Took the steel to a local machinist this morning who has helped me with multiple sabers and I might have some pics up this afternoon if I'm lucky of the machines hemispheres from the steel ball. I wanted to make something hefty and solid. Wish me luck. And any advice would always be welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do a search here on the site. There are a few threads on Pokeball builds, and some really innovative hinge ideas. They should help you figure out what to do.

I found a couple however the forum app is a bit buggy for searching. Jm whose pokeball is on shapeways is brilliant but I'd need something sturdier for the steel

So I got the prototype shells back today. They look sweet but a few minor details that can be touched up. I'm trying to decide what to use for the spacer and I found these nifty switches to use as the activator

Feedback!

i really like your build so far, it is amazing and i cannot wait to see the finished thing, is it gonna be functional like it opens in the cartoon cause that would be awesome with a design in it. anyways awesome work so far

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back