The Poké Ball: An Accurate and Functional Representation

Okay, so, Shapeways finally shipped the small models, and this is how they look:

Here's the Pokéball and Great ball side by side

16059-pok-ball-great-ball.jpg

A front view of the Pokéball

16060-pok-ball-front-view.jpg

A front view of the Great ball

16061-great-ball-front-view.jpg

A profile shot

16062-great-ball-side-view.jpg

And finally, a size comparison

16063-size-comparison.jpg

So as you can see, they might be a bit small. What do you guys think?

Know what I find funny? In the anime, the things had this cool ability to shrink and expand so they could be worn on a belt - those ones look like the shrunk size, then just tap the button and they grow to full size.

The science of the Pokémon universe is fascinating. I wonder if they ever actually USE the science for anything besides the Pokeballs themselves.

While this looks neat, I'm gonna say it's not an accurate representation unless it can be used to capture and instantly tame furry woodland creatures.

These are amazing! Ever since I found 3D representations of a pokeball on the Internet a while ago, ive been looking for an accurate set of models somewhere I could buy. I couldn't find anything but those foam ones or cheep plastic ones they sell at like Walmart. :p I'm so glad I found this page! All of the balls are really accurate and I love the design ideas so that they are working props! Could you have a follow up of maybe other kinds of balls too? Like the net ball, gs ball, stuff like that? That'd be cool to see! Let me know when these are available to buy cause I would want them all!

Real_febb0b_553535.jpg

Could you possibly make designs like the different pokeballs in this picture? Like the fast ball, dusk. Ball and stuff like this? And make them available tor purchase? That'd be really cool along with the other balls you've made as well :D

Real_febb0b_553535.jpg

Could you possibly make designs like the different pokeballs in this picture? Like the fast ball, dusk. Ball and stuff like this? And make them available tor purchase? That'd be really cool along with the other balls you've made as well :D

A lot of those are just reskins of the regular pokéball. I don't know if you saw my previous post about what they look like, but that's what you'd be getting. The white pokéball for you to paint with whichever design you'd like. The only ones that are different are the masterball and the greatball.

I suppose that's true, except for those ones like the timer ball, net ball, and safari ball that have thing protrude from the surface a little. Those would be cool to see. :)

Real_febb0b_553535.jpg

7PdP03G.jpg

Just in case for those who don't know :)
1: Poké Ball (obvs), Gen I
2: G/S Ball (From the anime, more info here[/URL]), Gen II
3: Timer Ball, Gen III
4: Great Ball, Gen I
5: Level Ball, Gen II
6: Heavy Ball, Gen II
7: Luxury Ball, Gen III
8: Master Ball, Gen I
9: Net Ball, Gen III
10: Quick Ball, Gen IV
11: Ultra Ball, Gen I
12: Dusk Ball, Gen IV
13: Repeat Ball, Gen II
14: Lure Ball, Gen II
15: Fast Ball, Gen II
16: Cherish Ball, Gen VI
17: Friend Ball, Gen II
18: Premier Ball, Gen III
19: Moon Ball, Gen II

This is not a sales thread, please search the Junkyard if you are looking for something to purchase. Thanks.

Just stumbled on this thread now, due to the recent posts.

I love the work you've done, I've always struggled with the same idea you've had. A better quality Pokeball replica. Unfortunately Nintendo will probably never get around to it because they want to keep their target audience very young.

People like us have been with it for a long time though. I hope you're keeping up the good work!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back