Interest Poe helmet (Rocketeer collab) NEW FLASH SALE $199

Re: Poe Dameron X-Wing helmet. NOW OFFERING THE CHEST BOX

OK I decided to come in on a Sunday.. try and get some colours right and figure out a few other things for the painting on the Poe Black.. ended up almost finishing a clean version.. this is still a work in progress.. I believe the owner wants weathering done.. and there is at least one piece I forgot to glue on :p

But here is what a clean version of the helmet would look like.. cel phone pics with no lighting..

Front.jpg Left_Back.jpg Back.jpg Right_Side.jpg

OK I decided to come in on a Sunday.. try and get some colours right and figure out a few other things for the painting on the Poe Black.. ended up almost finishing a clean version.. this is still a work in progress.. I believe the owner wants weathering done.. and there is at least one piece I forgot to glue on :p

But here is what a clean version of the helmet would look like.. cel phone pics with no lighting..

View attachment 630044 View attachment 630045 View attachment 630043 View attachment 630046

Now that's gorgeous. Nicely done

Reel

View attachment 630044 View attachment 630045 View attachment 630043 View attachment 630046

Spectacular! So, what did you do for the visor? I'm trying to decide where and how to attach mine. Any issues with the tab angle that need to be considered?

Re: Poe Dameron X-Wing helmet. **PAINTED PICS #423**

For that top "blast shield " thing ? I don't know what to call it, the big thing that sticks off the forehead, did you use actual rivets or screws to attach that or just glue it on and then put some screws or screw heads into it for decorations?

Also the little ear rings that go in to the slots, is there a trick to getting them to fit? Mine seem to not want to fit, I don't know if I need to trim them or if they just get forced into the slots?

For that top "blast shield " thing ? I don't know what to call it, the big thing that sticks off the forehead, did you use actual rivets or screws to attach that or just glue it on and then put some screws or screw heads into it for decorations?

Also the little ear rings that go in to the slots, is there a trick to getting them to fit? Mine seem to not want to fit, I don't know if I need to trim them or if they just get forced into the slots?

I filed and sanded the outside base of the ring until it fit into the recess. It's not hard at all. Took maybe 10 minutes of work to get the fit I wanted.

For the visor, I was talking about the clear yellow visor. If I just glue the tab, it doesn't mount at the correct angle. I can certainly make it work, but if Rocket had technique he used (with obvious success), I don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel. The visor housing (the big sticky up bit) I am attaching using screws on one end and possibly gluing the other.

Reel, sent you a PM last week concerning the kit I received. Please check it out and get back with me when you get a chance. Thanks!

interested in getting a Poe helmet for the 2nd run. how much is it with shipping to Malaysia? is this a kit form or it comes fully assembled?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back