Question PM's - downloading and viewing

RobI

So I took the advice from the only two threads I could find on the topic and downloaded the vBulletin PM Reader from here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/vBulletin-PM-Reader.shtml

It works in that it saves all my PM's and I can read them (thank god because I'm near capacity), unfortunately the search doesn't seem to work. I type something in the subject field, click the search button, and I get no results. I try to fill in all the fields, which is stupid since I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, and still nothing. Maybe I'm just not using it right because I am far from a database guru. Give me a cisco router any day...

Any suggestions?

Oh and please don't PM me with the answer. :lol

So I took the advice from the only two threads I could find on the topic and downloaded the vBulletin PM Reader from here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/vBulletin-PM-Reader.shtml

It works in that it saves all my PM's and I can read them (thank god because I'm near capacity), unfortunately the search doesn't seem to work. I type something in the subject field, click the search button, and I get no results. I try to fill in all the fields, which is stupid since I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, and still nothing. Maybe I'm just not using it right because I am far from a database guru. Give me a cisco router any day...

Any suggestions?

Oh and please don't PM me with the answer. :lol
As far as I can tell, you have to type in the exact title to have the search function find it. :wacko

actual title: "a request"

search for "request" no results

search for "a request" finds the pm

Sadly even that doesn't seem to work for me. I suppose the simple list of PMs in the database software is a lateral move from the current list of PM's in the bulletin board software.

Surely someone can whip up an Access template. :ninja

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back