Please Help My Ellen Ripley Go Viral....Round 2 Page 2

Re: Please Help My Ellen Ripley Go Viral....

WOW! Absolutely WWWOOOOOWWWWW!!!
Fantastic likeness of Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley! Since Alien she has been one of my favorite actress'!
The textures, pigmentations and shapes of the eyes, nose, mouth and overall shape of the head are dead on! If I could draw half as good as you sculpt I might still be doing portraits! In fact when I first saw the pictures I thought they were of her from the movie were she saved her hair off!
The only detraction, in my humble opinion, are the eyelashes which appear to be too even in thickness. But I am sure that given what materials may be out there you used the best available!

BTW tried to share on BuzzFeed but unable to complete registration (second site this has happened to me on from a link on the RPF) but when it gets cleared up I will leave a glowing review!

Re: Please Help My Ellen Ripley Go Viral....

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE CALL TO ARMS!!!! (y)thumbsup

A massive 878 clicks from the RPF :eek:)

I'll probably revive this and update the link once I've finished the bust with hair. But with 30,000 views so far in total I can truly say that 2012 was the year I went viral :lol

Petseal - thanks mate. Don't worry about registering there, just viewing it and sharing the link is all thats important :thumbsup And I know what you mean about the lashes, but it was self funded so expenses were spared. I know it doesn't sound like much more of an expense to get the right hair, but I literally, literally (literally!) just spent my last pound on this project and I'm goin broke. Fingers crossed something will come from this, it was a massive leap of faith :confused

Last time I checked, there was no hair or facial hairs... It was awesome already. Now, it's so realistic it's uncanny. Perfect job, no less.

Can I just say holy fracking frell Seriously I hope Ms Weaver sees this. it's just INSANE. Can you bottle 1 tenth of your talent and send it to me? I will pay .

Thanks a whole bunch for the support and the very kind comments!!

In the top 50 right now with 63,000 clicks!

It might not make the front page but a valiant effort by all thank you!

Clutch - hehe, no nose hair, just a paint effect to suggest them.

Madmikeee - if you can arrange another 20,000 clicks on this link I'll bottle it all! Sure I've got a little Yakult bottle around here somewhere I could use :p

Now this.... Is what I am talking about...
This piece, and You as the artist... Have added those details that take it to the level it needs to be...
Very well done indeed...
Look forward to seeing more of Your work...
Thanks for sharing...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back