Plastruct MIA

scotthothpatrol

What happened to Plastruct. I placed an order a week ago ( company located in Des Plaines IL here in the states.) I tried calling to get an update on my order .All I get is the answering machine and the voice mail is full. The web site does not say anything. Anyone else place an order recently?

I heard recently that Plastruct was bought out by another company and is in the process of being relocated to Illinois. They used to be in City of Industry, California.

E-mail them for fastest response: orders@plastruct.com

They are a small family-run company, busier than a one-armed paper hanger, and very good people -- I go over there in person (Des Plaines, IL is only a few minutes from where I live) whenever I can to pick up my order and save on shipping. They rarely answer their phone, and their voicemail usually is full!

But they are open and in business, or at least they were as of a month ago when I placed my last order.

E-mail them for fastest response: orders@plastruct.com

They are a small family-run company, busier than a one-armed paper hanger, and very good people -- I go over there in person (Des Plaines, IL is only a few minutes from where I live) whenever I can to pick up my order and save on shipping. They rarely answer their phone, and their voicemail usually is full!

But they are open and in business, or at least they were as of a month ago when I placed my last order.
Thanks for chiming in and a little info about the company. The last time I ordered from them was when they were in California. The customer service was good and the orders got shipped right away. It has been almost two weeks now still crickets. I will try the E-mail.

They may be on vacation, or at a dog show. I don't know them personally, but know they run several companies simultaneously, the two biggest of which are Plastruct and Evergreen, which I thought they would merge into one company, but apparently they are keeping the two product lines separate.

I do wonder why noone has ever taken the time to write an article about them, since they are an integral part of model building?

Is Plastruct called EMA in England? Or does EMA just sell Plastruct materials?
EMA (Engineering Model Associates) was the independently owned European retailer/distributor for the American parent company.
Its original purpose was to sell into the industrial modelmaking industry which was a huge in the seventies / eighties (pre-CAD). The company I trained at as a modelmaker used to buy thousands of pieces every year. Our store had dozens of each component in every colour and we even made the larger tubes and domes that were in the catalogue.
Plastruct is the hobby side of EMA

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back