Plastic Cap Shield Overhaul

I DID base the finish off what was used in Civil War, but I'm not a fan of the claw marks (main reason why I didn't invest in the Masterworks edition shield).
However, if I had a few more of these, I would definitely refit them to other styles used.

After seeing that you did with this shield, I bought 2 pcs. On ebay the only thing that is off is the star piece is not accurate the lines are too thick and the lines from the middle should go all the way to the edge of the star not to the boarder. Im thinking of filling first the star lines with bondo and etch a new one using a cutter and ruler. I will probably do a Avengers (2012) efx one and the broken shield from endgame ( skeptical about this one)

After seeing that you did with this shield, I bought 2 pcs. On ebay the only thing that is off is the star piece is not accurate the lines are too thick and the lines from the middle should go all the way to the edge of the star not to the boarder. Im thinking of filling first the star lines with bondo and etch a new one using a cutter and ruler. I will probably do a Avengers (2012) efx one and the broken shield from endgame ( skeptical about this one)
I considered filling the deep lines in the star, I'd be interested to see how yours turns out.

I considered filling the deep lines in the star, I'd be interested to see how yours turns out.
I saw a post in instagram @thenewgeekorder where he etched linings on the "God awful" plastic Hasbro Marvel Legends shield and it turned up 100x better.

I will use this as basis.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back