Planet of the Apes Spaceship builds...

This is looking great. Did the kit include figures for in the chambers? I'd be tempted to have a Heston figure sitting at the controls with his cigar contemplating. For some reason i always liked that scene.

More work on the Icarus...

The floor color has been airbrushed and the Sleeping units are fully assembled...as are the chairs..

UPDATE...

Here is where we are now...Please note I still need to...

Attach the Reel to Reel tape decks
Scratch Build the Microphones and stands
Attach the legs to support the Table near the rear chair
Add the Hand rails around the control console..
Scratch Build a Life raft that is stowed under the control console....And detail the rear bulkhead with the lights and the door that opens and closes...

I took great pains to nail the interior color. It's a Light grey/beige custom mix.

Update!!!!

The interior is finished, with the exception of the Glass for the Computer Tape Wheel Areas, and the rear bulkhead which I am fashioning a working hatch.

I scratch built the Microphones and the stowed yellow raft as well...

I'm not sure what it is, but I keep coming back to this thread. The end result of this model is fascinating to me. Stunning work!

UPDATE...

I have fashioned a working hatch for the rear bulkhead and added the two lights on either side of it(per the client). The Hatch swings outward easily and snaps closed.

The interior is finished. now waiting on a replacement set of lights, then on to the exterior work!

UPDATE...

While waiting for my replacement lighting kit for the Planet Of The Apes Space ship, I have started on the Escape version.

This will also have several Mods by me.The Hatch will open and close, and it will have the lighting package. Here you see I Primed and started Airbrushing the Green around the View ports.

UPDATE...

While waiting on the lighting kit for the Planet Of The Apes Spaceship, I have begun work on the Escape Space ship.

The client , among several other Mods, wanted a Working Hatch. I already made a working hatch for the original ship, but this one required the hatch to be lifted up and away...I have done just that. It required a little more work to perform to my satisfaction.

As in the other post, you can see I have Airbrushed the Green around the View ports. They will be masked off and the rest of the ships painted the white.

Here is another view of the Opening Hatch, as viewed from the rear bulkhead. You can see the unfinished, as of yet Interior details...Just received the Lighting unit for the Planet of the Apes Icarus, so I will be updating that build soon..

Not a kit but the closest thing to true toy ever released is the Japanese TV Box set - which comes inside an Icarus/ Liberty 1. This thing is nothing compared to Captain Han's super detailed piece of art - but ya gotta want one. The Kubricks fit perfectly and it even lights up and has an alarm.

ƒCƒJƒ‹ƒX

UPDATE...LIGHTS!LIGHTS!LIGHTS!!!

OK,
I have installed the lights in the Planet of the Apes Spaceship. You can see the Control Panels in the first pic, The Lit escape tunnel(It should,t be this bright, I did it to show the lights, all the lights can be adjusted to scale via a dimmer switch), and a View from the rear hatch...

The wires a very thin, like thread, so one must be very CAREFUL when installing the lights...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back