Planet of the Apes 1968 full size display

Happy New Year Goapebilly.
Wow!! You are one lucky POTA'S fan....not only for the original costumes but also for those fantastic full size displays.
Original POTA'S items are so hard to get your hands on these days and sooooooooooo expensive when they do come up for sell.
Extremely jealous!.

pics of a display i did of some of my ape props at comic show

Attachments

• etercon 014.jpg
    etercon 014.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 164
  • etercon 015.jpg
    etercon 015.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
  • etercon 017.jpg
    etercon 017.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 150
  • etercon 018.jpg
    etercon 018.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 144
  • etercon 019.jpg
    etercon 019.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
  • etercon 021.jpg
    etercon 021.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 147
  • etercon 022.jpg
    etercon 022.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 132
  • etercon 023.jpg
    etercon 023.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 157
Killer!

I love that you have both the Zaius and Ursus steambath costumes from Beneath.

Whose Orang costume is that (the one minus the coat)?

its maurice evans leather riding boots, the top and bottom orang pieces ,are both paul williams labeled pieces from battle. i just combined boots in display.
yes i won the james greg in profiles years ago, i believe it was yours . i had tom spina ,make the maurice evans sauna suit display

Cool display.

Do you have Williams orang jacket as well? Can't tell from the pics - do the riding boots have the glyphs on them?

these are the boots pictured in blu-ray book , they were restored. no i dont own p.williams jacket,just the pants and undershirt . do you have a pair of mutant pants? also do u or know anyone who has one of the original mendez busts from beneath the gorillas smash? yo can check out my other ape pieces on facebook under billys basement

Hi Billy,

I have only seen one Mendez bust and it was only the head as it was smashed on screen - btw, it was made of WAX.

I've never seen a pair of mutant pants to complete your guard costume (obviously pants exist for some of the hero mutant costumes.) I wonder where all the mutant robes went (especially the ones worn by the principals when Brent is interrogated.)

Alas, I am not on facebook - is there another way to see your collection?

you dont need to be a griend etc to view site,its open to public.
I didnt know heads were wax,very interesting, was the one you saw complete? does person still have it?
Ive seen a few pics of a complete mutant guard costume ,jacket,pants shoes ,i thought you might have one.I neveer heard anything about principal robes with jewerly on it,i guess must of been reused in other productions or lost. i do have the white/grey prayer robe

Billy,

The wax Mendez bust I saw was just the head - the shoulders and base had been destroyed in filming. The collector still owns it.

I had all 4 mutant guard jackets at one time, but no pants or shoes.

Even prayer robes are rare - I've only seen two.

- Ron

Here is pic of my prayer robe,also few other pics,plus pic of mutant guard costume with pants. also i believe i could be wrong last remaining piece of jell cell from beneath. I have this chimp vest do u know anything about this piece? it has wesrern costume tag,same material,stitching,color as chimp costume,just havent figured out ftom where

Attachments

• 12968435_1.jpg
    12968435_1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00137.jpg
    DSC00137.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
  • DSC00139.jpg
    DSC00139.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 119
Thanks tom, thanks to you,i have many amazing life size planet of the apes and original movie prop displays. Tom Spina Designs work is incredible only limited by the room and size you have. Goapebilly

Incredible stuff! What an awesome and wide array of great pieces. Love the Lawgiver bust! Wow!

Here's a fun one you might get a kick out of seeing. It's James Whitmore's chair from the courtroom scene.

ApesPoster.jpeg
apes-chair-10.JPG apeschair23.jpg

apes-chair-2.JPG apeschair5.jpg

Last edited:
Some amazing pieces in this thread - that gorilla solider is pretty menacing! Wonderful work all round.
We had the pleasure of framing an original ape tunic for a private client last week. Good excuse to crack out the movie again...

apes tunic.jpg

Cheers,

Wayne @ CLS

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back