Pirates of the Caribbean

I noticed that he was also selling the thirteen ghosts graphics from here, its a shame because I can understand people not wanting to share their files anymore like they did :(

Thanks for your comments guys. I got a message from him, stating "...I actually work with disney in the software trade as a graphic artist/designer and within the prop department and have ontact with with people who work there...". As well he stated that "...ive been a member as well as admin on there for 8+ years..". He asked me if I have proof that his sale is originated to my work. Well.... that what I have:

comparison.jpg
mrfreddie: let me know if it is ok that I used your pic to make the comparison. If you don't like that I've used it, let me know
and I will delete it. It was just the best pic I could find with "Close angles" of the letter.

I've contacted him again. Lets wait and see, what he is answering.

Last edited by a moderator:
After looking at the comparison image as well as the images he provided on the bay, other than him darkening the graphics, there are, in my humble opinion, too many similarities (specifically the lion and bird) to yours to be anything but yours.

Saying that he works with Disney means absolutely nothing. You note he's not saying he got their blessing and they allowed him to replicate the actual prop and sell it on the bay. Also, it's a little hard to tell for 100% certain, but I believe that the little blue "GR stamp" under the picture of the King is the one I provided in this thread.

I notice in his writeup about the item he never specifically states it is his creation either.

I've also had a number of items I shared here on therpf being sold on sites like the bay and when I've contacted them they usually say they had no idea they just "found" the image on the internet.

It continues to amaze me how these people selling other peoples work think that it is okay to do so.

I wish you luck trying to get him to remove the item. If he won't comply try notifying the administrator of the bay that he is selling an item you created without your permission. They usually have no problem removing the item.

bfd

Posting guidelines:

8) Do not post images with watermarks, or post items that you are trying to sell. Also, do not post asking for members to pm/email you for access to your items. If you want to share a free paper prop, post it in the thread for everyone.

They were being sold on Ebay by someone who nicked them from here.....not me.
Just so it's clear, you gave me ONE font and it was a knock off (Copy) that wasn't 100% accurate.
I tried to make my own version with help from Commander Kerner but still wasn't 100% happy.
I eventually obtained the CORRECT font from rorshach999 after he posted this thread here:http://www.therpf.com/f40/1-million-fonts-available-limited-time-206127/?highlight=fonts
Which he sent me without asking anything in return.
In return for the font you sent me I made you the check from 'Great Balls of Fire' that you asked for.
So no, it wasn't free from you, I did the check in return even though it wasn't even the correct font in the first place but a copy.
I'm not making or sharing stuff anymore because of people selling them on Ebay...pure and simple.
You could always take the time and learn how to make these things yourself as I don't recall you doing anything original of your own at all.
You need to grow up pal and get over this as I have nothing else to add to this subject whatsoever, so stop trolling me and hijacking other peoples threads like this one and trying to cause trouble.
I will not respond anymore on this subject.
If you don't like it.......frankly you can lump it.

Last edited:
They were being sold on Ebay by someone who nicked them from here.....not me.
Just so it's clear, you gave me ONE font and it was a knock off (Copy) that wasn't 100% accurate.
I tried to make my own version with help from Commander Kerner but still wasn't 100% happy.
I eventually obtained the CORRECT font from rorshach999 after he posted this thread here:http://www.therpf.com/f40/1-million-fonts-available-limited-time-206127/?highlight=fonts
Which he sent me without asking anything in return.
In return for the font you sent me I made you the check from 'Great Balls of Fire' that you asked for.
So no, it wasn't free from you, I did the check in return even though it wasn't even the correct font in the first place but a copy.
I'm not making or sharing stuff anymore because of people selling them on Ebay...pure and simple.
You could always take the time and learn how to make these things yourself as I don't recall you doing anything original of your own at all.
You need to grow up pal and get over this as I have nothing else to add to this subject whatsoever, so stop trolling me and hijacking other peoples threads like this one and trying to cause trouble.
I will not respond anymore on this subject.
If you don't like it.......frankly you can lump it.

You add the fonts I paid from Norfolk fonts and you say it is not accurate ... Just 1 letter is missing, I told you.
And if you say Norfolk fonts aren't accurate, ok! I trust you !

BTW I didn't wait for you, I've retrieve the woman who draw the Black Zodiac for the movie and all the text, made a deal with her, and now I have all the original drawings and pages. I just don't need anyone help. Thank you for the help !
Do you remember who I am ? I am the little frenchie who go to see Roman Polanski and ask him for a "9th gate" and he gave me one. That's all you need to know.

Last edited:
Hi guys I'm looking to start making a 9 pieces of 8 replica prop idea. Anyone help with where i could find each piece and the bowl used to hold them when freeing calypso. I know i can get jacks piece of prop store but some of the others are hard to find i need a scottish snuff box for one and after looking online they are really expensive. Any help?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back