Pirates of the Caribbean: JACK SPARROW'S COMPASS

DaBuild

Sr Member
Hello People!

Here's my latest build!

Jack Sparrow's compass from Pirates of the Caribbean

It even points what I desire most ( sort of...
1f609.png
)

Check out the full build video to know more!

Take care and build stuff!

-DaBuild

Last edited:
Great build! My daughter and I are looking to do one of these (although I am going to 3D print some of the parts) and your build gave me some good ideas, nice work.

Last edited:
Great build! My daughter and I are looking to do one of these (although I am going to 3D print some of the parts) and your build gave me some good ideas, not work.

Thanks a lot man! Let me know if you have any questions :) I'll be glad to answer them.

Thanks for sharing your build - fantastic work! The part of the video where you obtained the dome for the compass was a nice touch, and hilarious.

That is sick, want to sell it, No really great build I love the video the hammering is the best sped up like that.
Just fantastic, I want your work shop!!!
My best to you and the family

That is sick, want to sell it, No really great build I love the video the hammering is the best sped up like that.
Just fantastic, I want your work shop!!!
My best to you and the family

Much appreciated. I had a lot of fun making it. I don't usually sell my prop since I only make one of each. As for the shop, I only had a drill and a dremel 5 years ago. Slowly getting where I want to be.

Best to you and your family too :)

Awesome job! I'm just about finished marathoning the films again and I think I'm bumping this prop up on the priority list for things I have to make. The video's great, thanks for sharing.

Nicely done! I really like what you've done with the brass dial. Is there a retaining mechanism to keep the pieces from sliding out if the compass was upside down? I couldn't tell from the video. Trying to come up with a solution that will hold up to being part of a costume and dangled by the cord

Nicely done! I really like what you've done with the brass dial. Is there a retaining mechanism to keep the pieces from sliding out if the compass was upside down? I couldn't tell from the video. Trying to come up with a solution that will hold up to being part of a costume and dangled by the cord
Thanks! Good question actually. There's none. When it's closed, it's no issues at all. When it's opened, I never thought about flipping it over...yes it would fall for sure. I use it mostly as a display piece.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back