Pirates of the Caribbean: JACK SPARROW'S COMPASS

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DaBuild

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello People!

Here's my latest build!

Jack Sparrow's compass from Pirates of the Caribbean

It even points what I desire most ( sort of...
1f609.png
)

Check out the full build video to know more!

Take care and build stuff!

-DaBuild

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

skahtul

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great build! My daughter and I are looking to do one of these (although I am going to 3D print some of the parts) and your build gave me some good ideas, nice work.

Last edited:

DaBuild

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Great build! My daughter and I are looking to do one of these (although I am going to 3D print some of the parts) and your build gave me some good ideas, not work.

Thanks a lot man! Let me know if you have any questions :) I'll be glad to answer them.

DaBuild

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
BTW, for those who contacted me, I know there's 2 versions of the compass. There's also the one with a big center ring. I went for the small one.
Jacks_compass.jpg

JamesM242

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for sharing your build - fantastic work! The part of the video where you obtained the dome for the compass was a nice touch, and hilarious.

blastmaster

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That is sick, want to sell it, No really great build I love the video the hammering is the best sped up like that.
Just fantastic, I want your work shop!!!
My best to you and the family

DaBuild

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That is sick, want to sell it, No really great build I love the video the hammering is the best sped up like that.
Just fantastic, I want your work shop!!!
My best to you and the family

Much appreciated. I had a lot of fun making it. I don't usually sell my prop since I only make one of each. As for the shop, I only had a drill and a dremel 5 years ago. Slowly getting where I want to be.

Best to you and your family too :)

DaBuild

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those who asked me in private, those are the measurements that I used.
Hope it helps!
Cheers
Dan
BluePrint.JPG

Aditrap

Awesome job! I'm just about finished marathoning the films again and I think I'm bumping this prop up on the priority list for things I have to make. The video's great, thanks for sharing.

DaBuild

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome job! I'm just about finished marathoning the films again and I think I'm bumping this prop up on the priority list for things I have to make. The video's great, thanks for sharing.

anytime man. let me know if I can help!
cheers!
Dan