Pictures of Mike Warren ANH helmet

Darthguitarists

Anyone ordered an ANH helmet from Mike Warren? Most people say his stuff is the best but there are very few pictures of his stuff online. I seem to see the same 2 or 3 pictures taken by him, very few by people who have bought from him. Other than Blue Harvest stunt helmet I haven't seen anyone else who has gotten his ANH and posted pictures.

So if you do have any photos of his work to share, if you could please share them here that would be greatly appreciated, and potentially helpful for future buyers. Why he doesn't have a gram or page with lots of pictures is a bit odd and unfortunate for people looking to buy one of his pieces

he does have an Instagram but it's more of a cool insight/fun projects page opposed to a catalogue of products page, There is a few pics of his ANH in the FB groups but still not tons.

there is some more pictures of the DJ ( not a MW casting the One off casting from the early 2000's) on star wars helmets

Last edited:
It really is a great mask/dome, highly recommend it. These are not good photos, but I had these on my phone. Not painted yet, but gives you an idea of how nice the castings are...

IMG_0172.jpg

The one in the foreground is the ANH Warren "DJ":

IMG_0163.jpg

This time the one in the background:

IMG_0164.jpg

Naa, Just a nice case I picked up at the surplus store cheap....figured it would be nice to store something in...or in this case, a helmet stand :cry:
Hey Bradberry- is that night vision case significant? I’ve seen a few recently locally...

Not meaning to hijack the thread but,

Are these Mike Warren DJ helmets available? I'm planning to add a Vader helmet to my collection sometime soon but I'm not knowledgeable anymore about what's out there..............and what to avoid. In a perfect world I'd like to get a helmet that has some lineage.

Not meaning to hijack the thread but,

Are these Mike Warren DJ helmets available? I'm planning to add a Vader helmet to my collection sometime soon but I'm not knowledgeable anymore about what's out there..............and what to avoid. In a perfect world I'd like to get a helmet that has some lineage.
yea they're still available, as of right now I do believe there is a Wait list for a casting from mike, not too sure how long it is as mike is really efficient at churning out helmets quickly, as for what else is out there for ANH helmets;
DJ-Mike Warren : highest lineage readily available, most expensive,nice paintjob (waitlist)
Quasimodo - Bookface: very nice sculpt, quality casting and paint job (wait list)
spfx - look decent,I don't know where his new ANH comes from, some have had problems with casting flaws among other things like failure to deliver.
stone- has some lineage back to originals, ( I think esb tour helmet) nice finish, good casting, has some delivery problems with failure to deliver,

yea they're still available, as of right now I do believe there is a Wait list for a casting from mike, not too sure how long it is as mike is really efficient at churning out helmets quickly, as for what else is out there for ANH helmets;
DJ-Mike Warren : highest lineage readily available, most expensive,nice paintjob (waitlist)
Quasimodo - Bookface: very nice sculpt, quality casting and paint job (wait list)
spfx - look decent,I don't know where his new ANH comes from, some have had problems with casting flaws among other things like failure to deliver.
stone- has some lineage back to originals, ( I think esb tour helmet) nice finish, good casting, has some delivery problems with failure to deliver,

Is there a link for Mike Warren somewhere? (I don't have a facebook account)

Cheers!

Here are photos of my DJ ANH Vader from Mike W. The cast is perfect and he did a great job painting. I have the efx helmet as well, and you can see how much more detail DJ’s cast has in comparison. Don’t get me wrong, the efx is magnificent, but there was some cleanup. For example, DJ’s helmet shows even more dents.

81B634F8-639F-4147-8B07-059D4BA526A2.jpeg

D2FD4217-0482-432B-B985-11BF643E92BD.jpeg

563AB698-EAA0-4EB3-B451-CD0EECFA4A0E.jpeg

9B7CE5A6-B1DD-4C33-8FE8-8719ED5DFFC1.jpeg

So this one is for sure better than the SL ANH? I haven't looked into Vader helmets since 2017 and the SL was the top ANH at that time if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
So this one is for sure better than the SL ANH? I haven't looked into Vader helmets since 2017 and the SL was the top ANH at that time if I remember correctly.
They both come from the same source (ILM baker mold) I believe, I have heard some put the SL over the DJ as the face plate has no ring on it. while others have put the DJ over the SL. I haven’t had the opportunity to see either in hand so I don’t really have a personal opinion atm.

I think the biggest difference is the DJ having the ring mount system, while the SL has the original 3 tabs casted the original sculpt crown, without any mounting system. The DJ may have some (if any) features softened because it was painted once while the SL may have some features modified by Thomas (SL,) as it has been brought to the light not so long ago, to be able to locate recasts.

I may be really wrong, I'm really new into the Vader circle.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back